Chat with eBay - Starting now

The first 'Chat with eBay Staff' discussion is now on, come and chat to us about managing returns on eBay.

The team are on hand until 3.30 to answer questions.

Visit the Chat with eBay staff board.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

go-tazz
Community Member

As iI wasn't here:

We’ve partnered with ParcelPoint to come up with a returns solution that is easy for you and will keep your

buyers happy..

So basically another way of making money for eBay and treading on the sellers?

Almost half of buyers claim they are more likely to shop on eBay if sellers offer an easy return option and

ParcelPoint aims to make this experience hassle-free. 

Where has that “information” come from,(the dubious polls/survey?).

A number of my items are around $5.99 and $2 postage,so they will work out at actual postage of $2.40 and

parcel point minimum cost of $6.95,(which is $9.35).

Buyers will then quickly work out that sellers will not want the item back as it's not a viable option for them,

(so they'll look for items that they can get for “free” which they will then want to "return").

If they contact the seller first they can avoid opening a dispute and wont be detected as a scammer.

So my return claims will probably increase,(it has stood at zero from the day that I started selling and I can't

see it staying that way with this new "system").

So eBay will truly become the free item/free use of items selling place that it's been trying to become,(eg:sellers

coming to the boards have been complaining that items returned have been used by buyers).

There have even been a few where the buyers had pictures on their Facebook account where they where

wearing the items,(great system,FOR THE BUYERS,not the sellers.).

I sell for fun,(sell stuff to buy stuff) so it wont impact on me as in I don't need to sell and I would then just

stop buying as well,good.gif

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Yep

I knew they would not welcome my question;

Why is ebay determined to do all they can to protect scam buyers,and in fact ENCOURAGE it?

Hence I did not bother to ask it

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I thought it took two party's involvement to 'chat'.

Maybe the title of this post is wrong -it should read 'Live Statement"!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

They actually referred to this thread:

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Chat-with-eBay-staff/Managing-Returns-on-eBay-Thursday-20-July/m-p/2...

Where they answered questions from two members in regards to the new buyer returns for change of mind

so that for low cost items they will be allowed to keep the item/s and receive a full refund as it would be cost

prohibitive to get it sent back to the seller,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Any idea on how to change my 120 listings to No Returns  all in one go,?

Can't bear to change veryone of them one at a atime,

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

It should be possible. When I relist, there is an option to edit many fields - returns being one.

If your items are GTC, I suspect you would have to do them individually, or end and relist in bulk.

120 items is not really a lot; you could individually edit them in  2 hours max. Try 2400...

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

One thing I'd like to discuss on the Chat with eBay forum is, the eBay spam emails. Yes, I am opted in to receive the spam, but WHY am I getting emails telling me an item is no longer available, when it's MY item? It's bad enough getting them about other items that I've clicked on that I had no intention of buying, but to get them for my own listings? Really? I get your item will be relisted emails and your item has relisted, I don't need to be told it is no longer available.....when it's actually just relisted. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply