Chat with eBay staff

Anyone tried to chat with eBay staff yet?

Well you can't do that because it doesn't work lol

Good 1 eBay

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Chat with eBay staff

I have a feeling the new message button will only appear when a staff member is online.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Chat with eBay staff

In other words, the button will never appear. Poor Michelle can't be here all the time!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Chat with eBay staff

I have a feeling the new message button will only appear when a staff member is online.

image host
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Chat with eBay staff

In other words, the button will never appear. Poor Michelle can't be here all the time!

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Chat with eBay staff

All I wanted to do is have a nice chat about my reinstatement Woman Tongue

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Chat with eBay staff

If you need a reference, I'm sure many here will back you up. Smiley Happy

Totally unfair twas IMO.

image host
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Chat with eBay staff

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

All I wanted to do is have a nice chat about my reinstatement Woman Tongue

I would keep hounding them. The worst that's going to happen is they'll keep saying no. If that had happened now, you'd still be selling and I think they need to know that. It just happened at the worst possible time for you. If that defect system was a success, they'd still be running it, but clearly it was a failure. There were so many decent sellers got shafted, while the Chinese scammers are still selling with impunity.

I'm guessing you have tried their Facebook page? Just make sure it's the one with the blue tick. There are plenty of look alike pages. I certainly wouldn't be letting up.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Chat with eBay staff

Thanks kopes but I wished that just a reference would do the trick,a fair go comes to mind when there was no wrong doing

on my part.

But hey it's great to see the support on here cheers to everyone.

And a bonus is that as Tippy said there are so many sellers on here that are really lucky the old system isn't in place otherwise curtains for them.

I was in the wrong moment at the wrong time haha.

Maybe one day things will change and I will get another chance to prove that I'm no risk to eBay.

I'll need to get another storage container the way things are piling up hahaah.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Chat with eBay staff

The punishments here are worse than committing murder in real life. At least with murder you have a chance at parole. Not here, you're in solitary until you die. I know they have to protect the buyers, but they need look at things on a case by case basis. You got shafted because a government organisation couldn't do their job properly (maybe), and got a run of buyers who took advantage of you sending without tracking. There are plenty where they have blatantly ripped the buyers off, they shouldn't be allowed back. Although most of them manage it because they are the Chinese scammers that list expensive stuff cheap with the sole purpose of ripping people off.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Chat with eBay staff

You could understand if maybe 1 or 2 buyers said they never received their item but it was 15 buyers in just 7 days that said it.

Plus tippy I did post expensive items with tracking but some buyers also said item not as described lol and back then eBay allowed those buyers to keep the items and also get a refund.

I didn't really care about the missing items as I refunded the buyers but still got punished for it.

It's the expensive items that I lost and also had to refund that made me angry because I got shafted instead of the scammers lol.

I still haven't got over it,it was alot of money to loose and eBay didn't care less.

I will always maintain I did the right thing and eBay was involved in a criminal act with those buyers.

Ebay need to be accounted for when things like this happen and do a thorough investigation not just sweep it under the rug.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Chat with eBay staff

I agree, this buyer is always right carp has to stop. Especially when they tell the buyer they can keep the item and refund them. Name any other business where that would be allowed to happen? I can imagine you walking into Big W saying "that DVD player I bought last week doesn't work, I want a refund". "Have you brought it back to return?". "No, it's faulty, you should just refund". "I don't think so". No return, no refund.

EBay is breeding criminals and they are happy to let it happen. The more they are letting get away with it, the more it's happening. People who wouldn't normally break the law are jumping on the band wagon because they know they can get away with it. It's wrong. If they want the buyer to have a refund without returning, they should foot the refund. Otherwise, return the bluddy item. I did refund without return one time because the buyer sent me a photo of the item very broken. It was a one off so they weren't trying a switcharoo. Looked like someone had run over the box as there was a tyre track. It was pointless sending it back. They did offer to send it though.

EBay, pick your game up and stop this generation of shoplifters.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply