Hi Ebay Community, I have a buyer who has posted a negative review and l believe he is a competitor.

Hi Ebay,

I had a buyer who started to harrass me yesterday over authentication of my products which had already been provided/proven prior to purchase. He waited almost two months to contact me regarding authentication again. He became aggressive and wouldnt stop harrassing me. He also changed his story a number of times. What can i do to overturn the negative review. Its my only negative review! 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Ebay Community, I have a buyer who has posted a negative review and l believe he is a competitor.

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Have you kept all the messages?   It sounds like a 'he says, she says' situation to me.

If you provided the buyer with authentication prior to purchase, get ebay to read all

the messages between you.

Maybe they will remove it, maybe not.

But I suspect they will say it's the buyer's experience and they won't remove it.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Just so you know - 

1. It's feedback not review. A review is for a product. Feedback is for sellers and buyers.

2. Naming the buyer in your reply to feedback means you set yourself up for defamation (slander).

It is also against eBay rules.

image host
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If I were you, I'd say nothing about your negative feedback to eBay. You have broken every rule in the book by using the buyers real name in your reply. If you draw eBay's attention to it, you may well find yourself in a bit of strife. They may suspend you for a week, they may suspend you permanently.

If you are going to name a buyer in a reply, use their eBay username, not their real name. Yes, it's still against the rules to mention their username, but you're going to get into a lot less trouble doing it that way. I'm sure there has been, but I've not heard of anyone having a reply removed with a buyer username. The ones I've left are all still there. 

Ignore any further messages from the buyer. Delete them without reading them and move on. Buyers will be able to see that the rest of your feedback is good and that buyers are happy. That negative will drop off after a year.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why would you use the buyer's real name?

It is rather counter productive as other sellers would not know his ebay ID to block him if they wanted to.

He could very well report you to ebay and the police for using his real name and you could be in real strife.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply