Returning an item I have purchased

Hello

My query is that if I am to return a purchased item back to the seller, will I receive in the refund the purchase price and the original postage cost plus the return postage cost?

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

What is the reason for returning the item?

If it was not as described in the listing, did you open a case for it?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If it's for not as described then the seller should send you a return label that they pay for so you should get all your money back.

But if you changed your mind then you will need to pay for return postage and you will only get back what you paid for the item but only if the seller agrees as they don't have to agree to a change of mind.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Under the blue " leave feedback" button in purchased items, you will see a small link titled " other actions" from memory. Hover mouse over this and a " return item" link comes up. Click on this and a drop down message will ask the reason for the return. There are around a dozen options.

Basically if it is a change of mind return, you pay the return postage, if the seller accepts returns for change of mind. ( they dont have to accept. )

If there is a problem with the item, ie. not as described, broken etc. the seller pays return postage.

Put in your return request using the return item function to ensure you are covered by ebays buyer protections. Also ensure you return the item using a tracking number..

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What is the reason for returning the item?

If it was not as described in the listing, did you open a case for it?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If it's for not as described then the seller should send you a return label that they pay for so you should get all your money back.

But if you changed your mind then you will need to pay for return postage and you will only get back what you paid for the item but only if the seller agrees as they don't have to agree to a change of mind.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Under the blue " leave feedback" button in purchased items, you will see a small link titled " other actions" from memory. Hover mouse over this and a " return item" link comes up. Click on this and a drop down message will ask the reason for the return. There are around a dozen options.

Basically if it is a change of mind return, you pay the return postage, if the seller accepts returns for change of mind. ( they dont have to accept. )

If there is a problem with the item, ie. not as described, broken etc. the seller pays return postage.

Put in your return request using the return item function to ensure you are covered by ebays buyer protections. Also ensure you return the item using a tracking number..

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thankyou so much for replying to my question....much appreciated.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thankyou so much for answering my question....it is much appreciated.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thankyou so much for responding to my question...it is much appreciated.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply