'Send the message now' sale

tw1973
Community Member

Hi Guys,

wondering if if anyone has come across sellers essentially having different buy it now prices including postage based on buyers location with a message in the description saying if you agree to the above message me with the link below....

sounds a little odd but I'm seeing a few of these pop up on guitars, not sure if it's the same seller that's changing I.D. name every now and then.

Thanks,

Tim

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Better late than never....can you give us an item number so we can have a look?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Hi, sorry for the late reply.... the item number was 162646226946, I say was as I sent them a question on the item and it was removed it seems along with all other items on their page with the same auction method listed. When I look at them as a seller now I can only see 3 items, when I raised my question they had hundreds of listings all of which ( the ones I checked) seemed to have the same listing method.

Tim

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Sounds like it could've been a hijacked account and the account owner has regained control,(hence why only

3 listings now and the others have been removed).

Having a link in the description is against eBay policy as they deem it trying to deal off site,(it's also how

scammers con members into a special "deal" to try and rip them off).

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Hi Guys,

Although it's a different item these guys eem to be back, I keep seeing the same very unique guitar popping up for sale (only a few hundred made and they sell for between $6000 - $10,000) with the same selling method mentioned in my original post.  This guitar seems to come up for sale every month or so with the same few photos, same price, same sale method (click here to buy for $1250 AUD) but always with a different sell name.

Below is a item number for you to have a look at with the same selling method (from the same seller, the guitar mentioned above has been removed as I reported it to eBay). This is a $4000 - $5000 guitar again being offered for $1270 including postage, 292239002493

Again any suggestions on this selling method would be appreaciated.

Cheers,

Tim

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Reported and a search saved with active Email's in place.

Using the BIN in a photo format is how the Romanian scammers used to list as it can't be searched for by

the eBay Bots,(they used to have thousands of listings for high priced items such as those type of guitars,

camera's,high priced race bikes,etc).

If you see more of these pop up just send me a message via the Messages system at the top and I'll put in a

report to Help & Contact,(which generally has them removed quicker).

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply