Why has Ebay selling mostly new stuff these days.Has ruined it . anyone know of a place how Ebay use

Anyone not liking the way Ebay has gone mostly new stuff now. Not for the little man who wants to sell something 2nd hand anymore 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why has Ebay selling mostly new stuff these days.Has ruined it . anyone know of a place how Ebay use

Sorry if I have misread your question

Ebay don't sell anything, new old or otherwise

Members/sellers sell things, ebay is the means by which they advertise it

Ebay has'nt been for the little man for a long time, in fact,ebay do all they can to screw over the little guy

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@foggy7505 wrote:

Anyone not liking the way Ebay has gone mostly new stuff now. Not for the little man who wants to sell something 2nd hand anymore 

At 95 kg. I,m not a little man, so I suppose your statement may not be aimed at me. But as for sales, I am just a single person selling mainly used items on ebay and sales are quite brisk at the moment. I have spent seven hours today, just packing items sold over the weekend and my postage bill was over $300.00.   

I dont sell the same commercial carp as a million other sellers, but try to find things very few other people are selling. Ebay is not like it used to be, but " the little man" can still do very nicely if they have products that people actually want to buy.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

From a buyer's perspective, I agree with you, foggy.

I may be a dinosaur but I miss the days when ebay was like a huge garage sale.  I prefer to buy pre-loved except for gifts or things like DVDs.

Sometimes my initial search brings up hundreds of thousands of items.  When I put in filters for Australia only and "Used" the total often dimishes to well under 100.

I understand ebay has to compete with online sites and retailers with an online presence.  However, I find it annoying when ebay promotes big sellers with new items.  The only offers I ever use are the percentage off everything promotions because I can purchase from smaller sellers with pre-loved items.

Anyway, better go hide under a rock before I become extinct.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Hi for over ten years running my ebay sellers bill was well over $150 per month now and for about the last ten months my highest bill was 17.60-this is directly due to search engine and catagory changes made by ebay-I have found other means to sell which is great but Ebay is going to be another Harvey Norman soon-too bad it used to be great before idiots started running it-good luck if u r still getting some sales

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Hi-it has only become more towards being a retail store and has got worse in the last twelve months-something that used to be enjoyable and a great tool ruined by fools with $ in their eyes-your right ebay sell nothing-i thought that was obvious and not the important part of the message

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Try books.

I, and many others, sell used books. My sales are going quite well; according to the Seller Hub, my sales are better compared to 12 months ago, whereas the 'market' is down.

I suspect it is people bailing - a lot of my books seem to have less competition these days.

Maybe they're not unclicking 'prefill'. So a lot of real books could well be only appearing as 'audio books'.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply