how do i do phone verification

nn260461-8
Community Member

can someone tell me how to phone verification

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I don't know where in the settings it is to phone verify as it's usually always verified me when I've linked a new account to my PayPal account. This posting ID isn't phone verified, but certain actions will prompt me to do it (this is purely a posting ID for the forums, so I won't be phone verifying). Therefore I can tell you which actions will prompt me.

If you have a PayPal account, linking your ID to it should verify you. Otherwise, go to any item anywhere and try to add it to your watch list. This account wants me to phone verify to add anything to the watch list. You could go to someone's feedback, anyone's (click on my feedback number) and click on show ID history. You can't see that without phone verifying either. On my feedback page, click to contact member.

If you are able to perform all the tasks above, then your account is already phone verified.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

A phone verification is a block that a seller can set,(eg: 'block buyers with less than 5 feedback who are not

phone verified).

This means, if you have that block set, the buyer will get a message to say they cannot purchase from you until

ebay verify them by phone.

They then need to call a number and get a pin, which they need to enter.

You may not actually have ever been phone verified, but your feedback level puts you way outside needing

to do this.

There are other reasons ebay ask for phone verification, for instance if you are buying and/or selling from a

computer you do not usually use.

If you are not able to go through the phone verification process, linking a verified PayPal account to eBay or

putting a credit card on file with eBay, will meet the same requirements and bypass the block. 

If you have no luck then contact them,(get them to call you back is regarded as the best option):

This gives you their direct links without having to go through their rigmarole:

eg: Call us,Call me,Chat with us and Email us.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1485

Just keep in mind that Call us or Call me option are only available

during business hours,(8 am to 9 pm Mon to Fri and 8 am to

5 pm on Sat and Sun).
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Ummm, 2 is significantly less than 5.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote: