Illegal products

Hi... I recently bought a dog collar that when the dog barks gives a small current as a negative responce. I purchased this type of collar as we had tried everything else from giving a squirt of citronella, to the extra large bone, to the super thick chew toy to the 'try & get the food/treat out' trick..... Our dog is 6yrs old & never barked until we relocated interstate & our house is situated on a corner block where by every walker & school child walks past & I was worried about upsetting the new neighbours with the barking.

Anyhow, our boy got out yesterday & thankfully he was found & taken to the pound (RSPCA) here, however when we arrived to collect him (thank god for microchips!!) we were greeted with a very upset & angry officeer who proceeded to repramand us over the collar! The collar was confiscated & along with paying his release fee, we were also fined because the collar is illegal in NSW..!!!!! So $200++ later I am feeling quite angry & feel that this seller should be dealt with appropriately... If your selling products, you should be aware of their legal status in the country that your selling.......!! I am feeling very sad that I wasn't aware of these products history

before inflicting one upon my boy.... I wish I did more research!! But the seller needs to be accountable as well..!!!!!

View Entire Topic

100% with Lyndal on this one.

You should see your vet for another reason the dog is barking, it sounds more to me like a stress related reaction to the recent relocation, and the vet should be able to suggest various humane ways of dealing with this problem.

As to the laws of the states, again, 100% with Lyndal - a seller in WA should not be held responsible for a buyer in NSW who does not know the laws of the state they live in.