Does ebay guarantee delivery?

Hi, i bought a jumper for my son but never received it. I did open a case and the seller sent a link as a proof of delivery. When i click on the link i get 'page not found or moved'. I told ebay but ebay refused to refund and closed the case.

i am not accusing anyone of wrong doing but the matter of fact is i paid $40 for nothing ( beside spending time chasing the case). My question: does Ebay guarantee delivery of items? Or the buyer need to 'play detective' and try to find where the item has disappeared?

i am not sure i will use ebay in the future they wasted my time and money.

View Entire Topic

No. No one can guarantee delivery.

You don't buy from eBay.

Think of eBay as being a classified newspaper and you are responding to an ad listed by a seller.

It is the seller you are dealing with and unlike a newspaper eBay provide a few features should something go pearshaped.

In your case, eBay need proof of delivery so the seller must have provided online tracked details that eBay could see the item was delivered. Is it possible the item could have been stolen from where it would have been left at your house ? And you have the correct delivery address showing in eBay n PayPal ?