I purchased 2 items on the 11/7/2015 and paid for them both on the same day.

dissy3
Community Member

Hi Ebay,

I ordered and paide for 2 items from <removed>.  I paid for this order $14.50 via paypal as I always do when I use ebay.  I received the items in a timely fashion and then noticed an email stating that I had an unpaid order from ebay from <removed>.  I ignored the emial as I had paid and received the item, after checking the payment had gone through paypal correctly and they had and assumed tha the email was a scam as I have recieved a number of them in the past.

I now find out after trying to purchase another item from your store, that I have a registered black mark due to unpaid order.  To my horror checked my paypal account again and checked the history of buying for <removed>.  He tells me I had ordered twice from him, but Im afraid that didnt happen. As I ordered both colours of agapanthus on the 11th july and didnt require any further when I purchased 200 seeds.

I now wish to ask Ebay to withdraw this record from my name as I clearly am the victim of a scam in this situation and if there was a second order, I did not place it because if I had, I would have paid for it the same day I ordered.  Im sure your organisation can track my payments and orders and know this to be true.

By your own companies admission, it states very clearly that the items were ordered and paid for via paypal on the same day.  Your accounting methods must protect your customers somehow.

I say this to you as a customer since 2005, that has never had a black mark against her name for not paying, only though jerks who have no idea about customer service, that if this does not get resovled to my satisfaction then I wil be removing myself from you service and will speak to friends, colleagues about the raw deal I received from a company that i had used for years and did not do their homework to support me when another client accuesed me of doing the wrong thing.

I would also like to say that if <removed> had sent me an emial asking me where my money was before they lodged a complaint with you (which is good conflict resolution skills, - to have manners to ask befoer you you accuse) the matter would have been resolved without having to pull out the legal eagles to giuve me a hard time.

I hope that you agree, at this point Im happy to call it a misunderstanding as my friend from<removed> has admitted in a return emial to me and told me that I needed to take this up with you Ebay to reverse the decision,

I look forward to your return email being favourable or you will leave me no choice but to withdraw my custom from you site.

Kind  regards

Chris Lockton

View Entire Topic

You are not dealing with ebay.

This is one misconception many members seem to think.

ebay is an automated site set up for buyers and sellers to meet up.

Similarly to a newspaper with ads.

You simply deal with the seller. If you have problems you deal with the seller or buyer.

Possibly sellers in the past have issued you with strikes for non payment.

Equally many buyers click buy and don't pay whilst sellers are charged fees.

The number of members that come here stating they didn't purchase something then to realize they may have clicked 2 instead of 1 item or a family member used their account is amazing. Not that is what is the case here but sellers cannot open cases unless a buyer has made the purchases. And to ignore them at the time was unwise. You should have contacted the seller at the time for a resolution.

What the seller is saying is you need to appeal the strike but I doubt you will win as it may be a clear case of item purchased, not paid for.

Only one strike doesn't prevent you from buying but 2 does so there must be at least two unpaid item cases within a 12 month period if that is the reason for the block.

It is also quite possible some sellers have blocked you for whatever reason without having any unpaid item strikes.

And I would guess by the manner in which you have presented here this evening, many sellers on this public forum would have read this and blocked you for your lack of knowledge in how ebay works. Just saying.

Any member can block another if they wish for no reason, hardly ebay's fault for such actions.

I suggest you select site map at the bottom and read up on the rules of ebay in which we all sign up for upon joining this site on a trust basis between buyers and sellers.