I wish to by an item from an seller, and he has denied me from buying from him

The seller is denying me from buying any items from his store because of the feedback I have left him, and has responded that because of my feedback, there are consiquenses.
My feedback to the store, was "Could of shipped in one day, but took two, maybe a public holiday", And I could not leave a star at all for the time of being shipped, as ebay had denied me, because again, he printed out the docket, but didnt get it shipped till two days after.
I have thought that ebay stores have agreements they have signed up when creating their stores, and also must follow the ACCC rules

I still wish to buy the item, but going through all this guff because they are being childish, and not taking any form of criticism be it negative, or in this case, positive.What is a buyer to do, as he has the item I wish to buy, and could now possibily increase the price if he lets me by from his store.

Cheers, on any action that I can do, before having to get the ACCC involved.

View Entire Topic

@unknownsilant wrote:

The seller is denying me from buying any items from his store because of the feedback I have left him, and has responded that because of my feedback, there are consiquenses.
My feedback to the store, was "Could of shipped in one day, but took two, maybe a public holiday", And I could not leave a star at all for the time of being shipped, as ebay had denied me, because again, he printed out the docket, but didnt get it shipped till two days after.
I have thought that ebay stores have agreements they have signed up when creating their stores, and also must follow the ACCC rules

I still wish to buy the item, but going through all this guff because they are being childish, and not taking any form of criticism be it negative, or in this case, positive.What is a buyer to do, as he has the item I wish to buy, and could now possibily increase the price if he lets me by from his store.

Cheers, on any action that I can do, before having to get the ACCC involved.

Firstly, forget about the ACCC, they will not do anything for you, not a thing.  You will get a polite reply from them, but they will not get involved.

Secondly, as already pointed out, sellers can block whoever they want.  When you give feedback to a seller you do need to choose your words carefully, not just this seller, but all sellers . . . . . as sellers can go back through your feedback left for others and make decisions about whether they ever let you buy from them again or not.

So, it is not the seller being "childish" and not accepting criticism regardless of the fact that you left them a green dot, it is your seller making a business decision in their best interests.  Whether blocking you will cost them bids that could increase their auction prices is irrelevant.  They are prepared to risk reduced prices to ensure that they never deal with you again.  Do not be tempted to buy from them using an alternate ID if they are selling items you really want.  Using another ID to avoid a seller block is against eBay rules.

To me, reading your Opening Post and the feedback you left them earlier this year, you were most annoyed that the seller printed off the postage label but posted the next day, but even acknowledged that a public holiday may have been the reason.  So, their uploading of the tracking after one day denied you the opportunity to give them a low DSR rating for postage time . . . . tsk tsk.  Are you aware of the "Defect" system that seller's have to put up with and how much it impacts on their business?

Seller's have it tough enough as it is, and will take measures to protect their business, and blocking possibly troublesome buyers is one measure open to them.

If you really need to buy from them again, then my advice would be to suck it up, apologize to them for your previous feedback/behaviour, let them know that you fully respect their right to block you, but ask them if they would reconsider and assure them that you will better communicate with them if they do allow you to bid/buy again, but also let hem know that you will respect their right to deny your request.

In the meantime, you will find yourself on the blocked bidder lists of many of the sellers who read these discussion forums for the reasons I have outlined above.  It might not be what you wanted to hear, but take it as a wake up call regarding your dealings on eBay in future.