Promotion code did not work even though it was still valid

Daily we see promotion code on eBay website, with terms and coniditons and validity period, despite following the instructions and conditions, the promotion code did not work, nevertheless, when ahead to purchase the item, and make a request to claim back the difference from eBay.

Firstly, eBay claimed that the promotion was not theirs and request me to check wiht the seller.

Secondly, eBay kept insisting the promotion code PINCH is not theirs and denied having such a promotion, the promotion was valid till 13 Aug 2017 with a minimum purchase of $75.00, but still they refuse to acknowledge such as a promotion, and eBay kept asking me to provide the screen shot of the promotion, as you are all aware eBay updates their promo everyday, as such getting the screen shot was almost impossible, share my concern wiht the seller, and luckily seller has a copy of the promotion and send to me.

eBay, despite receiving the copy of promotion refuse to acknowledge and kept asking for more information such as whether i have the email to notify promotion!!! I have said many times that I saw the promotion online from the website, as a keen shopper who frequent eBay website i happen to see that promo and transacted.

Guess what eBay ket insisting that i have to produce the email for them to proceed in verifying my claim!!! what has the email got to do with the claim, as it is obvious that eBay can verify the transaction that I performed online to confirm whether it qualifies for the promotion, eBay refuse to entertain and kept replying saying that the email is required, wonder how many customer receive emails to shop, and what has this to do with the promotion code as this is valid for all customers.

Have been writing to eBay more than 6 times now and it is not going anywhere, although eBay website has got good offers, but seriously after this incident, I cannot be sure whether I can trust eBay with my purchases, and the experience certainly has given me many negative thoughts about shopping in eBay ever again.

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am very glad the PINCH code worked for me, as did the PITCH code which was on at the same time.

And I did not get an email for either of them as they were available to any member who qualified under the T & Cs.

I had a code some time ago that did not work....I rang up and got onto a very nice CS fellow who put in a claim for me and confirmed it all in writing.   I was promised that I would get the refund in the form of a credit into my paypal account in 10-15 days.  I waited 3 weeks and then emailed him, using the reply function on his confirmation email.  He replied fairly promptly and assured me he would follow it up.  This went on for 3 months approximately but I did finally receive the credit in my paypal account.

I would suggest an phone call to start with and ask for an email to confirm what you are told....then polite persistence until you get your voucher honoured.