Purchase disrupted between commitment to buy and completion.

womba0
Community Member

I got into trouble when paying for an item when there was a disruption to my computer midway through the payment process. I had committed to buy but was never able to complete the process through PayPal. But when I entered the same link to the seller, it said I had already bought one and asked did I want to buy another? I entered, hoping to just buy the one item, but it proceeded to add that order to the previous one. I didn't want two, but there was no option to pay for just the one, so I exited.

I went to another site offering the same item, but when I went to buy I was presented with the other two items which I had not paid for. I exited again. Now I have 3 items on my list.

I rang eBay and was able (apparently) to cancel the last item but the other two from the first seller were still outstanding. I have gone through the process of informing the seller that I have cancelled the order. I received an email back that the cancellation had been approved. But when I go to buy something else I am still presented with the first two items added to my list. Each time I exit - because I don't want to buy two of the first item - there is another item added to my list! I seem to be caught up in some weird eBay roundabout from which I cannot exit.

Frankly if eBay considered a sale had been made only after the transaction had been completed this problem would never have arisen. A buyer such as myself wants to complete payment through PayPal. I either pay or I don't pay. Who on earth would commit to pay to PayPal and then not pay, except for someone who either changed their mind on buying or someone like me who had a technical problem. If they changed their mind why put them through all the hassle I am going through? In my case I am happy to buy the first item - but only one of them! What is the point of having this commitment category without payment, a sort of half-way position, which has caused all my frustration?

View Entire Topic

You don't buy from the company eBay.

You buy from sellers using the eBay site.

Contact the seller explaining you want to purchase one only.