Unpaid buy that was later cancelled

With continued emails from me to conform a pick up at my address, it was finally arranged. We waited for 2 hrs past that time

then I emailed. Isuggested she ring me to confirm evewrything, but no contact. She did NOT give any phone contact, although

asked for. Every action I took was to fit in with her work commitments. Ialso offered options to fit in with them.

All arranged,only 30 min from her home for last Tue morn. Waited for 2 hrs past the agreed time with only option to email to

find out if coming with again my mobile. No return contact until at least 10 hours later by email. Family apology why did not

come and the bombshell was she would have to cancel the buy. Out of courtesy for my efforts to fit in with her should have been

considered.

I know we cannot follow up on the sale BUT therer should be somewhere any situation should be recorded somewhere

like in FEEDBACK

Geoff Smith

View Entire Topic

It is recorded on the buyer's account if you go through the unpaid item process rather than cancelling the transaction. Although nobody can see it a strike will be there and sellers have the option of blocking all members who have more than one strike.

What good would leaving neg feedback do? Even if sellers had the time and inclination to check the feedback of every bidder and block any who had negs (deserved or not) that would not stop them bidding at the last moment or using BIN.

It is almost certain they would leave you a neg in return and that will do a lot more damage to a seller than a buyer.

A lot of sellers, when it was allowed, would leave not very nice comments rather than a factual "Did not pay" which made them look much worse than the buyer.

I could go on, there are more reasons but I and many other old timers much prefer the system as it is now and have no wish to see the ability to leave negs for buyers reinstated.