Why cant i give feedback for item purchased never delivered, case opened then closed by ebay, 30 day

Does anyone else think its slack that you buy and item never recieve it open a request and then have it closed by ebay because its 30 days since estimated delivery date. Also how can I give feedback when the case is no longer opened. Ebay is not protecting its buyers very well.

View Entire Topic

If the seller was able to show a tracking event that showed "delivered" then they will win the dispute, also the eBay MBG times-out after 30 days after the last delivery estimate by eBay, either of those scenarios would explain why you lost the case.

If you paid by Paypal you have the option up to 180 days after purchase to open a case for "item not received", so you may be able to go down that track.

With feedback the time limit is 60 days after the original purchase date.

Also saying that eBay is not protecting their buyers is untrue since they will usually side with buyers at the expense of sellers, there are many reports on the boards that show this.

eBay/Paypal gives buyers the tools needed to protect themselves, but those buyers need to be aware of the time limitations involved.

I notice that you buy a lot from Chines sellers, be aware that Chinese sellers are very aware of those limitations and will often string the buyer along until they've lost the option to protect themselves or leave feedback.