Why is it ok for seller to make me pay for postage return of goods that don't work or D.O.A..

Dealer, seller posted a new mobile phone to me without checking if it worked or not, now its my responsability to pay for return postage because its useless, dead. 

With the now added expenses it would be cheeper to shop outside Ebay. And i have been waiting 17 days since return and still no new Phone. What side does Ebay favour??????

View Entire Topic

You should have opened a dispute for item not as described and then escalated to a claim and then the seller would have had to pay for the return postage by either sending you a postage label to print out that has has the postage paid for by the seller or if eBay give you the return address to post to once they get it back if they do not refund the return postage you contact eBay and they will refund you and add it onto the sellers next invoice.

Did you return it with trackable  post?

If yes open a dispute via eBay and enter the tracking and escalate the dispute to a claim in the hope they will refund you or send the replacement.

If there is no tracking on the returned item then you can not prove postage and you would not be refunded as the seller can just say they never got it back 😞

Protection is there for you to use and no matter how helpful a seller sounds open the dispute for your protection.