how to cancel a purchase

I accedantly pressed commit to buy button and I do not to buy that item what can I do to cancel it ?

Thanks

View Entire Topic
silvianprim0 wrote:

I agree wih you, ebay should not design the purchase like this, as long as we have not paid the item yet, we still can cancell anytime, but ebay makes it difficult. The reason we continue the checkout is to see the final price until we decide to buy or not. We did it not for fun.

"as long as we have not paid the item yet, we still can cancel" . . . . . . . surely you must be joking?

You feel that you can hit the Buy-It-Now button, confirm the purchase, not pay, and then take time to decide whether you want to buy it or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a stupid philosophy on buying on eBay.  Sorry for being so blunt, but you are a seller's worst nightmare.  Sellers get charged final value fees the instant you confirm the purchase whether you pay or not.  Welcome to my special list!

Simple piece of advice for you:

If you are not sure whether you want an item then DO NOT HIT THE BUY-NOW BUTTON.  Checkout is not the tool you should use to see the final price.

If you want to know what the total cost is then make sure you have your correct posting address registered to your eBay account so that postage shown on the listing will be accurate.   If you are still not sure, then message the seller prior to buying to confirm the total price.  If you don't like the price of the item+postage THEN DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!

It really is that simple.

Your statement of "We did it not for fun" is not complete, it should read "We did it not for fun, we did it because we are stupid"