11 year old makes mistake

my son openned an ebay acc.useing my email acc. he bid on a nerf gun and recieved an email from the seller saying he was in u.s.a and because my son is in australia there is no postage,thus my son has lost his money?what happennes if i just close the ebay account.?i have never used ebay and have no intention of using it ever

View Entire Topic

You need security on your computer, though I do question how an 11 year old would know all they needed to know to open an eBay account in your name??  Still........

As the account is in your name, (regardless of who opened it, and remembering it had to be verified first, another hurdle I think is miraculaous for an 11 year old) it is up to the account holder (YOU) to ensure you keep the account safely out of underage hands just as you would your bank account. - This will be eBays take on the situation.

How on earth he paid for it without bank details or paypal details is beyond me, as kopes has said you can let your son can pay you what it costs, to learn a lesson.

And that would not be the only punishment if he were my son, he has committed fraud! at the age of 11!!

eBay is not a game, you buy it, you pay for it, or you suffer the consequences. If he has lost his money ?? Lesson learned.

Simples.........