ALERT SUSPICIOUS

I just tried to purchase a filter kit for my shark vac this morning, everything looked okay but i stupidly did not check seller information, he was in china and the account was just created in June this year 2017. When i clicked buy it now it took me through to the pay now section. I selected paypal as I always do and it came up with cannot accept payment method, please select another or contact paypal...I thought this was weird and stupidly tried again.....same message. Then I typed in my card details and the exact same message popped up.

I got out of the section back to my homepage and looked in myebay and the item wasnt there, it wasnt under recently purchased or anywhere. I logged into my bank acc and sure enough I got charged 3 times for the item and there is no trail of me purchasing it through ebay...Ive already cancelled my card etc....

how can i report this through ebay?  Ive tried the help centre which was useless. I tried to call the number up on my phone but it doesnt connect me and I get an email saying we couldnt authenticate you

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

ALERT SUSPICIOUS

That's a worry for you, for sure.

I guess you know now-if ever a seller or a seller's message appears saying they can't accept paypal, don't feel you have to continue.

You can just message them that you'll pay when their paypal is up & running properly but if it isn't or they don't accept it-too bad, you're not buying.

Don't ever worry about refusing payment to someone who doesn't offer paypal, nothing bad will happen to you.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

ALERT SUSPICIOUS

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Contact your bank and do a credit card charge-back.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

ALERT SUSPICIOUS

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Didn't your bank suggest a chargeback?

I had a similar thing happen some years ago and I was told to do a chargeback before cancelling the card.  It cannot be done on a cancelled card.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

ALERT SUSPICIOUS

For future reference never try to make another payment straight away if you get a message that the Paypal payment has failed. Always leave it a while and then log onto Paypal directly and check to see if the payment had gonne through. It is not a scam as such, just a glitch in Paypal, had you checked before re making the payment twice you would have seen that it had indeed gone through the first (and second) time. I would call Paypal and explain what happened and ask them to give a refund for two of the payments.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply