Absolutely no response from seller after payment, no tracking number, not mark posted.

donut1.6
Community Member

I bought an arcade stick from a seller based in Melbourne on Monday and paid the same day, I expected the item to be shipped out on Tuesday, but it wasn't, so I send out an email on Tuesday night, again yesterday, no response or anything.

What should I do? How long should I wait before opening a case? And do I go through eBay money back guarantee or go through Paypal like before? What is the difference?

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Absolutely no response from seller after payment, no tracking number, not mark posted.

@investmenttechnology wrote:
I would give him the benefit of the doubt had he made the item as posted at least, but this is bull**bleep**.

Marking an item as posted means nothing.

I've had sellers mark items as posted when they haven't been, and I have received items that were never marked as posted.It is nothing more than an admin process on the seller's behalf, despite the fact that it is supposed to indicate order progress to the buyer, and some use it erroneously, others use it exactly as you would expect, still yet others don't use it at all. 

That means deciding what is and isn't "bull**bleep**" on the basis of a little box being coloured in, is problematic at best.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 152
Latest reply

I'm sorry that is just so unfair - the seller will now get a defect - what for?  just because he didn't answer a message that we are not sure he got

Postage time clearly says that you will not receive your item until about 11 March - today is the 5th March.   What is the dispute for?

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

I bought an arcade stick from a seller based in Melbourne on Monday and paid the same day, I expected the item to be shipped out on Tuesday, but it wasn't, so I send out an email on Tuesday night, again yesterday, no response or anything.

What should I do? How long should I wait before opening a case? And do I go through eBay money back guarantee or go through Paypal like before? What is the difference?

Maybe the seller doesn't post every day like you expect. What did it say in the listing? Just because you paid immediately, doesn't always mean they will post it the same day.  I would give them a little more time. 

Message 2 of 152
Latest reply

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151601206179?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

here is the listing. 

Then what about not responding to my messages?

Message 3 of 152
Latest reply

I wouldn't contact the seller or do anything else until a reasonable delivery time of 10 to 12 working days has elapsed. 4 weeks if coming from overseas.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 152
Latest reply

*Great editing junkie. 10 to 12 working days for Melbourne to Sydney, where ad says 95% of posted within 24hrs.

And not replying to buyer messages, is this the norm of eBay now? 

What are you talking about? Are you looking at the correct listing? 

It says FREE standard postage

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 152
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have bought many items where the seller does not bother to mark the item shipped. I would wait a few days more.

Some sellers do not respond to messages

Message 6 of 152
Latest reply

It is not unusual for a parcel sent to just a couple of suburbs away to go on a countrywide tour before arriving at the correct destination so no I would not be doing anything before 10 to 12 days had gone by.  Free standard postage means nothing except that you do not know what service the seller is using, they could be delivering on horseback for all you or I know so what makes you think it should arrive within a couple of days?

You point out that it says 95% of items are posted within 24 hours but perhaps your parcel is one of the other 5%.

There is also the matter of feedback, many experienced buyers would not go near a high volume seller with less than 99.5% pos feedback and your seller is on 99.1% and it would be lower if one buyer had not revised.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 152
Latest reply

*Great editing junkie. 10 to 12 working days for Melbourne to Sydney, where ad says 95% of posted within 24hrs.

And not replying to buyer messages, is this the norm of eBay now? 

What are you talking about? Are you looking at the correct listing? 

It says FREE standard postage

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Maybe they have sent it and just haven't marked it  sent as yet.  As for not responding to your messages, I have no idea. 

Message 8 of 152
Latest reply

Yeah, why bother selling online if you're not going to respond to messages.

That's like a deaf and mute guy working in a retail store.
Message 9 of 152
Latest reply

Yeah, what's my lucky, one of the 5% and a responding seller.
Message 10 of 152
Latest reply