Advanced search not working.

Has anyone else had any issues with the Advanced Search function not working.

I get to the page and for example, try to do a search by bidder and all that comes up is this screen.

Have tried another browser, another computer, logged in, logged out etc to no avail.

Nothing appears to be amiss according to ebay either.

a.jpg

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I asked this the other day. It was only happening to search by bidder and the answer was apparently we are losing it for good. Ebay.com don't have it anymore.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Hmmm, eBay "fixing" things that were not broken in the first place...................again.......................

original.gif 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Same here Grumpy cat.....it has been happening since late Tuesday.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

I asked this the other day. It was only happening to search by bidder and the answer was apparently we are losing it for good. Ebay.com don't have it anymore.
Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Yes, only search by bidder function. It was removed months ago from .com, expected it would carry over to here at some stage.

To protect people's buying history more effectively.

Personally, I think that's great.

Losing it will not be an issue helping people with questions if they are able to provide the item number, as some already do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks for letting me know, and that I'm not going crazy.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

It would probably be easier to close down the Answer Centre entirely.....it is difficult enough to answer questions now with all the "security" that ebay has in place.

Lose the advanced search function and it will be nigh on impossible.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

I dislike the idea. It was good to see just how devious some buyers are. LOL
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Ha ha devious ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, I have had a guy go through my stuff, and paste it on these boards, so look at it from that perspective.

The rest of the functions are still there. Buyers with issues just need to let us know the item number...that does not seem to get expunged.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

I've been having trouble all week with that.

Now you tell me it's going for good!!                  big surprise smiley

Nooooooo!!!   Can't stawk if I can't see what they're buying!!

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply