Any one else got the email for a $10 voucher if you use the ebay mobile app?

After I got the email I bought something on the ebay mobile app using a paypal account with the same email, but I havn't got an email with the $10 voucher.

Any one else got the email and received their voucher?

Terms and conditions for the promotion...

http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Buyer_coupons/Buyer_Mobile_September

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Finally success!  I contacted ebay again this morning through their 1800 number, and have now been informed that.......wait for it....... hahaha,  THIS EMAIL IS INDEED GENUINE Smiley LOL

I rang in warrior mode, maybe that helped. 

I told them that no way was in fake or spam as every clickable item or link in this email took me direct to ebay Australia, also pointed out that it was a promotional email and that there is no copies kept in my ebay messages of these.

And I told them, if it was spam or fake as they implied the other day, then they had compromised my safety with giving out my personal email, my full name and my ebay id, as well as other members as well and if that was the case I would be closing my account with ebay.  I would have too if that was the case.

But no, the lady assured and promised me the email is a genuine offer, and that I would receive a voucher to use on the specified date, which was between September 21 and October 1 on the initial email, but in the terms and conditions it says the 25th September and 1st October.....this needs clarifying by ebay.

I was also told to keep a copy of the invitation to participate in case I did not receive a voucher....Smiley Surprised

If that was the case that I did not receive a voucher then I believe they will send out a voucher anyway if I contact them.

I also asked that they post an announcement on our Boards in Australia to let other members know what is going on with this Mobile Voucher, if only to assure members that their account details have not been compromised, and also to let others know that they should be receiving their vouchers in time for the promotion.  I sincerely hope that happens. 

Please every one that partipated in this promotion, keep this promotional email in your personal emails for verification. 

Time will tell what happens closer to the 21st or 25th September.

View solution in original post

Message 31 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Read #4 in the conditions.....the voucher is not valid until 25th September.

Message 2 of 71
Latest reply

So will I be emailed the voucher code on the 25th?

Message 3 of 71
Latest reply

I imagine it will take a day or so for the initial purchase to register.....you did not do it before the 4th did you?  Bearing in mind that paypal works on US time you should have left it till at least late on the 5th here.

I have never had a voucher offer that is dependent on a prior purchase so do not really know what will happen.  Every voucher I have received has been a straight voucher with the number included in the initial email.  Have you checked your paypal account to see if there is anything in there?

Message 4 of 71
Latest reply

I received my $10 discount voucher yesterday and have used it already. However, it didn't initially work because it had been sent to my alternate ebay ID which I have never previously used to buy anything through ebay.

I had to sign in again under my other ID before I was able to make use of it, so you might need to double check the name of the account to which it was sent.

Incidentally, according to my email, the code is valid immediately but expires on September 10, and I'm fairly sure that this is applicable to all $10 discount emails received by others.
Message 5 of 71
Latest reply

CQ, did you read the T&C posted by the OP?

I read it that he has to make a purchase on his mobile app between 4/9 and 10/9 in order to qualify for the voucher which can then be spent between 25/9 and 1/10.

Is this the same as your voucher?

Message 6 of 71
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
I received my $10 discount voucher yesterday and have used it already. However, it didn't initially work because it had been sent to my alternate ebay ID which I have never previously used to buy anything through ebay.

I had to sign in again under my other ID before I was able to make use of it, so you might need to double check the name of the account to which it was sent.

Incidentally, according to my email, the code is valid immediately but expires on September 10, and I'm fairly sure that this is applicable to all $10 discount emails received by others.

cq - are you saying that when we get those vouchers, they don't have to be used on the account they were given to? I never have received one on my buying accounts, but I have had them on my selling accounts which is frustrating and inconvenient!

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 71
Latest reply

Lyndal, it would appear that buyers using the mobile app are being sent different promotional emails from the one which I received, and the T&C are considerably different, as you can clearly see below.

http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Buyer_coupons/Buyer_Activation_4September
Message 8 of 71
Latest reply

Crikey, the promotional email I received was sent to a zero feedback account which I've never used, and you're dead right; it was extremely inconvenient having to log in under my alternate ID in order to buy a spare remote I need, although I have to admit that with the $10 discount, it was cheaper to obtain on ebay than anywhere else, my local Toyota dealer included.

I just wonder what possessed ebay to send a discount voucher to an account which has essentially lain dormant for the better part of 18 months. Perhaps they never expected it to be redeemed... 🙂
Message 9 of 71
Latest reply

Have they got the ebay mobile app running properly now? All I have heard is problems...Thanks Ebay Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 71
Latest reply