Australia Post not attempting to deliver the smaller parcels

Today I received a card for a registered small parcel. I was home and had heard the postie's bike.

Seeing the card, I waited by the letterbox for him to drive back past on his normal route, and asked him for my parcel.

He said he didn't have it, it was at the post office.

Explains why he didn't stop and try to get a signature.

This happened to anyone else? Or more cards when people are at home?

It would be hard to know unless one catches the postie...but that's not a good thing, is it...not what one expects, or the sender pays for.

If this is what AP is now doing, it will be a pest for a lot of people, and if they miss the cards, could lead to unwarranted hassle for sellers too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

yep either that or they bash on your loungeroom window

and when you pull them up on it they say couldnt find your front door lol

tara

Message 2 of 38
Latest reply

yep, that's normal too. Can't find the door, can't find the letterbox, can't find the house...all happened.

But now, the postie doesn't even have it with him!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

There are a few people reporting the same thing, unfortunately, particularly now that the regular posties have the <500gm small parcels to deliver, and it seems to be down to the individual postie (that is, some take them out with them, some now just card them all).

Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

Digi, guess what my parcel was. I'm going to have to get it tomorrow. Or Monday 😞

Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:
Digi, guess what my parcel was. I'm going to have to get it tomorrow. Or Monday 😞

Bugger 😞 I'm lucky with my postie, as he brings out everything on his run. I think the little electronic signature device they have to use now was one reason given for them to card (I don't know how true it is, but I heard it's difficult to use and no real training / info provided on how so some decided not to bother), or it could be just with all the non-delivery days since the 24th, the volume of mail was too high for everything to be taken out on this round. Not that either of those makes anything better. 

Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

I'm thinking it's the volume of the mail right now. It was a post office call, not the postie.

No change to the larger parcels, all deliveries there seem normal.

If it's true that it's because some can't manage the electronic doobie...oh dear. I don't blame them if they're not being trained, I blame AP. That's the way to run a top tier multimillion dollar organisation that deals with the public every day 😞

Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:
If it's true that it's because some can't manage the electronic doobie...oh dear. I don't blame them if they're not being trained, I blame AP. That's the way to run a top tier multimillion dollar organisation that deals with the public every day 😞

Sorry but that is a load of codswallop.....unless AP has changed their scanners in the last few months (it is a while since I have had to sign for anything from my postie) they are still using the same scanners that Aae/Startrack disguarded months ago.  They are the easiest thing in the world to use.  When they were first introduced at Aae the drivers were given a half hour group demonstration of how to use them and an opportunity to ask questions.  With any electronic device there are going to be glitches but after all this time even the most electronically challenged postie should be able to use them.

The first time my postie arrived with the scanner he was a bit hesitant in using it but I talked him through it and we had a bit of a laugh and decided that the blind teaching the blind made it a lot easier to understand.

We get 5 or 6 magazine subscriptions each month and if most of them arrive on the same day, along with our usual mail, it makes for a very full letter box.  The postie invariably brings them to the front door....if I have not locked the screen door he puts the mail between the 2 doors.

It probably helps that I give him a Christmas gift every year....and he has open slather to park his car in our driveway when he brings his kids to the beach during the holidays.  This started several years when we were outside on New Years Eve....the street was filling up rapidly with people heading to the beach for the fireworks.  Suddenly heard a toot and got a wave from the postie who was looking for parking....he had his kids in the car and said he had been driving around for quite a while.  Our van was already in the street so the driveway was empty, as was the next door neighbours.  We both told him to use our driveways any time he needed parking to go to the beach.

Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

Aust Post signed a contract with Telstra in October to supply a new scanner, Motorola M2M.
That was to be used by all posties, when they introduced the >500gm parcel deliveries.
so maybe their is some problem with these.

They are also under time pressure to finish their delivery round by a certain time.

Barrie

Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

Sorry but that is a load of codswallop.....unless AP has changed their scanners in the last few months (it is a while since I have had to sign for anything from my postie) they are still using the same scanners that Aae/Startrack disguarded months ago.  They are the easiest thing in the world to use.  When they were first introduced at Aae the drivers were given a half hour group demonstration of how to use them and an opportunity to ask questions.  With any electronic device there are going to be glitches but after all this time even the most electronically challenged postie should be able to use them.

The first time my postie arrived with the scanner he was a bit hesitant in using it but I talked him through it and we had a bit of a laugh and decided that the blind teaching the blind made it a lot easier to understand.

No offence, but if you had to help your postie learn how to use one, isn't that a bit indicative that a lot of posties don't (or may not) know how to use one?

They have the handheld scanners at my PO for all the parcels that need scanning/signatures I collect from my PO box, and even after two years of near-daily parcel collections, the staff there still occasionally struggle to scan/get the right info on the screen, and it's not because they don't know what they're doing with it.

Message 10 of 38
Latest reply