Australian sellers

Are all Australian sellers delivering **bleep** products? so far for me is true every single thing o bought from Australian sellers was either defective or poor made and the delvery time is more than two weeks!!!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Australian sellers

I've bought far more items from Oz sellers this year than I have in the past (GSP has seen to that) and I've not had any issues so far. 

The vintage items I've found are not likely to be from asia and everyhting else I've bought has been fine as well.  I also read the feedback before making a purchase and I try to stick to sellers with a 100% rating where possible.

A couple of sellers I bought from had chinese names but it was irrelevant.  I got excellent service.  I think both of them had B&M shops as well, as I discovered when the parcels arrived.  I don't choose sellers by ethnicity, but I do read all the fine print in the listings to check that the items are in Oz, and from the feedback that the seller doesn't make a habit of advertising out of stock items.  There's some big well known Oz B&M stores that do exactly that on eBay and I won't buy from them.  You'd think they'd know better.

I've found sometimes that sellers who don't have the items in Oz often have descriptions, instructions etc in English with quite a few mistakes.  That's a red flag to me.  I was burned a couple of times in my early eBay days, so for those listings, they'd better have very high customer satisfaction, before I make a purchase.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Australian sellers

were the sellers REALLY based in Australia, or did their location falsely claim that but they were in fact in China and/or dropshipping?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Australian sellers

No, I've had very few problems with Australian seller's goods, and delivery times are not in the seller's control - that's Australia Post's problem. If the seller sends your items within their handling times, then they've done all that's required of them.

Bear in mind that eBay's "estimated delivery times" are often not accurate and don't take into consideration AP's tardiness in delivery. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Australian sellers

looking at the non-green feedback you've left - they're in CHINA

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Australian sellers

I teally dont minf the chinese sellers, most of the stuff i bought from ebay are chinese, but i do not like that some people to think that they are clever, my twins are one years old and i bought a kiddy pool for the shower ( no momey to fix my bathroom) and today when they pool came i was to eager to test it but when i tried to use the pump i saw that it had no valve so to try to close the tap it was useless, when i send them a message they told me to send them a video ?!?, i send them photos but they cant see the promblem, i am so angry with them right now

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Australian sellers

So are they Chinese or Australian?

Does the fact that the item doesn't work to your satisfaction have anything to do with the seller's ethnicity? Do you think we can help you? We possibly could, but it depends on whether you are after answers or just venting. But significant amounts of revelancy would need to be tendered.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Australian sellers

I haven't usually had a problem, either with products or delivery times. Not with aussie sellers.

But if someone sent me a defective pool & did nothing about it, I would take a few clear close up photos and file an official not as described case and try to get my money & postage back.

An item, whether it has a guarantee or not, whether it is expensive or cheap, has to be able to do the job it was sold to do. If it is defective, you are entitled to a refund.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Australian sellers

@samverti wrote:

Are all Australian sellers delivering **bleep** products? so far for me is true every single thing o bought from Australian sellers was either defective or poor made and the delvery time is more than two weeks!!!

I'm an Australian seller and there is nothing bleepy about my products. My buyers feel that way too. Stop buying cheap Chinese junk and expect it to work like an expensive one. Not going to happen. Why not just go to Big W or K-Mart, or even the toy shop? You can get decent quality blow up kiddy pools quite cheap. You can even look at before you pay for it.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Australian sellers

I've bought far more items from Oz sellers this year than I have in the past (GSP has seen to that) and I've not had any issues so far. 

The vintage items I've found are not likely to be from asia and everyhting else I've bought has been fine as well.  I also read the feedback before making a purchase and I try to stick to sellers with a 100% rating where possible.

A couple of sellers I bought from had chinese names but it was irrelevant.  I got excellent service.  I think both of them had B&M shops as well, as I discovered when the parcels arrived.  I don't choose sellers by ethnicity, but I do read all the fine print in the listings to check that the items are in Oz, and from the feedback that the seller doesn't make a habit of advertising out of stock items.  There's some big well known Oz B&M stores that do exactly that on eBay and I won't buy from them.  You'd think they'd know better.

I've found sometimes that sellers who don't have the items in Oz often have descriptions, instructions etc in English with quite a few mistakes.  That's a red flag to me.  I was burned a couple of times in my early eBay days, so for those listings, they'd better have very high customer satisfaction, before I make a purchase.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply