BEST MATCH, Oh No !!!

Hi all, can somebody tell me please, how do l stop Best Match showing its self first time l go to look at an item to Buy. l have pressed Ending Soonest in the past, thought l had locked it in, ...but back comes this useless Best Match, ...not a match made in Heaven from my view point.

Please help me, it is driving me crazy, and the Scotch cupboard is on empty, thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BEST MATCH, Oh No !!!

Just changing it in the dropdown won't change it, that only changes it for that session. Up the top of the search page, next to where you are changing it is a smaller box "view". Hover your mouse over that then select Customise when the dropdown appears. In the pop up, change it to time ending soonest in there. You can also change what you can see in the search results, like having a watch item button, or seller details.

If you want 200 search results to show up, changing it in that pop up box doesn't always keep it as 200. Often if will default back to 25 or 50 regardless of how many times you change it in that box. The rest should stay as you set them though. If you browse without logging in, the search results will default back to best match and 25 items per page, but as soon as you log in, it should show what you set them as.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

BEST MATCH, Oh No !!!

Just changing it in the dropdown won't change it, that only changes it for that session. Up the top of the search page, next to where you are changing it is a smaller box "view". Hover your mouse over that then select Customise when the dropdown appears. In the pop up, change it to time ending soonest in there. You can also change what you can see in the search results, like having a watch item button, or seller details.

If you want 200 search results to show up, changing it in that pop up box doesn't always keep it as 200. Often if will default back to 25 or 50 regardless of how many times you change it in that box. The rest should stay as you set them though. If you browse without logging in, the search results will default back to best match and 25 items per page, but as soon as you log in, it should show what you set them as.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

BEST MATCH, Oh No !!!

And why doesn't it save that 200 search results, when it saves everything else?

And what ticks me off, is that darn customise button just disappears

when it feels like it, and you're stuck with what they give you!!

horror smiley.gif

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

BEST MATCH, Oh No !!!

I know, it's infuriating that it won't store the 200 items per page. cursing1.gif I have no idea why when everything else seems to stick. Occasionally it will hold it for a few days, but it eventually reverts back. I don't think it's a browser thing because the same thing happens on all my browsers. I get really annoyed when I'm searching for something, scroll down and suddenly at the bottom.....ugh, it's reverted back to 25 per page. I don't want 25 per page, I want 200 and I think most people these days would. I don't even want 25 on my phone, but I haven't found out how to change that option. tearing-hair.gif

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

BEST MATCH, Oh No !!!

I have the opposite problem.... 

I prefer 50 results per page, and had all of my accounts set to that, but this one time... I clicked the link at the bottom of the page (so not even via the 'Customise' option), to show 200, and now that's the default no matter what I do. 

Maybe eBay recognise what you prefer and stick you with the opposite just to be a jerk. Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

BEST MATCH, Oh No !!!

I get to the bottom of the page and click that link.

Then check  'customise',  and it's checked in there.

BUT IT WON'T STICK             

Sometimes 25, sometimes 50 - rarely 200

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

BEST MATCH, Oh No !!!

Thank You tippy toes, it now works like a charm. Like you. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

BEST MATCH, Oh No !!!

Thanks for the tip, 'tippy'.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply