BEWARE Global shipping program

Buyers beware before you purchase from US sellers check that they do not use the Global shipping program. You will have to pay 2 shipping costs. One for the seller to ship the item to the shipping company in the US. And a second exorbitant cost (min of aboutUS$25) to then ship to you. A simple $5 purchase becomes $50 before you know it. To make it worse most of the yanks don't even know they have signed up for it. This has to be one of ebays biggest rip offs yet!
Message 1 of 311
Latest reply
310 REPLIES 310

There was a thread today on the US Packaging and Shipping board about the PB label app having problems, that's how I heard of it. It may be a new, it is not the GSP, your items were clearly shipped direct to you. There may even be some tracking retrievable from your item detalis pages for these purchses that will show they never visited Kentucky.

If they are not reshipped at Erlanger, they are not shipped by GSP.  I don't know exactly what happened, but from what you say it is clear they did not come through GSP using USPS. The logistics of this program involve bulk air freight from KY to national hubs in GSP countries, bulk inward clearance by manifest of the skipful of packages, and once cleared, breaking bulk in a distribution centre for locally contracted delivery.

Message 11 of 311
Latest reply

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Packaging-Shipping/Pitney-Bowes-Printing-App-About-To-Die/m-p/18288221#...

Here is the thread about PB label printing. Clearly using it is minority interest so it is not surprising that you have not seen it. It does support my point that PB does not mean GSP automatically.

Message 12 of 311
Latest reply

Hi,

I have recently purchased an item from the USA using the GSP, seemed to work just  fine, cost was $30AU for an item weighing 29lbs, much cheaper than others not using the programme. Seemed to go to some odd locations, but made it to my location. Time was estimated at 9 days, it took 12 days, but that's  just my experience, all good.

Message 13 of 311
Latest reply

Well I am glad there is someone who is happy with the GSP.

I purchased a very small item on the 9th December and it was shipped immediately.  The postage was $24.95 and the item would not have weighed 29 ozs fully packed, let alone 29 lbs.

We are now up to 14 days and no indication that the item has even left the USA yet.

Normally I avoid sellers who use the GSP but in this case it was something that I really wanted and it was a very good price (half price sale) so I decided the extra postage was worth it to get the item quickly.

Before the GSP I would have paid $10 maximum and had the package in 7-10 days.

Definitely not happy.

Message 14 of 311
Latest reply

"cost was $30AU for an item weighing 29lbs"

Just so there's no mistake, I presume you meant to type 29 ounces above, right?

Message 15 of 311
Latest reply

Oh my, I just came across this!  My postage has suddenly become $55 USD!  Crazy!   Seller says she cannot send me an updated invoice either as it wont let her.  No way am I paying $55 USD when in the listing itself postage was like $20 (bad enough)  

Message 16 of 311
Latest reply

My seller doesn't even know she is signed up for it!  She thinks it is me as a buyer.  How frustrating.

Message 17 of 311
Latest reply

Your seller can see how the items look to Australian viewers by going to the Shipping and Payment tab on the item page, selecting Australia as the ship to destination, then clicking 'get rates'.

Untill the location is reset to USA every item the seller looks at will show the full GSP charges.

Message 18 of 311
Latest reply

Yes this a very BIG problem from the US.It is killing vinyl sales!
Message 19 of 311
Latest reply

This system is insane.I saw the postage of a CD from the US at $24!!Prices of shipping from the US have gobe nuts since this sytem started.

Message 20 of 311
Latest reply