Be careful buying from Good Guys online store

diorzzz
Community Member

I purchased a CANON 70D KIS camera from Good Guys online Ebay store on the weedend and took advantage of the 4 day 20% off for fathers Day offer. The listing stated there was 3 available at the time,

I have now been contacted by my local store advising that there is none available in Australia and they will order camera in with expected ETA being end of month!

I have contacted Ebay advising them of the false advertising that Good Guys are doing, also sent message to GoodGuys expressing my disappointment. NO ONE CARES!

I purchased this item under the pretence I would get it for fathers day NOT XMAS!

The Good Guys Ebay store currently states there is 5 available, they have taken my money and ruined Fathers Day leaving me without funds to buy another gift.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Well that sucks doesn't it.

Have you demanded a refund?..they will have to refund you anyway when the camera doen't turn up within the expected delivery time that was given when you bought it, and you lodge an Item Not Received case, so they may as well just refund you now and save the hassle.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

That's not good. I agree with Iain, When the original estimated arrival time is up lodge and item not received dispute. In that tell them you want a refund. Don't forget to leave appropriate factual feedback after you receive your refund.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Have you actually asked for a refund rather than waiting? If not then do so and if they will not comply call ebay and say the wait is not acceptable and you would like an immediate refund.

I have not looked at the terms etc associated with buying and picking up from a local store but you should check to make sure it is not classed as a pick up item, if it is then you cannot go through a Paypal dispute but if it counts as a delivery then open a Paypal dispute.

If you fuunde the payment with a crdit oor Visa debit card then you can sk your bank to do a chargeback.

I would e very surprised if they do not giive you a refud straight away if you ask for one.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

That sucks alright. So dose their feedback.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Even if they do an instant refund, that will be to the Paypal account, and you will probably need it in your bank account to go to a b and m store before Fathers Day, which I can't see happening. The same old money transfer delay will kick in again.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

It should not take more than one business day for the money to be returned to a bank account, two at the most if the withdrawal is done late in the day. If it takes longer that is down to the bank.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply