Beware

Beware of seller REMOVED.Bought faulty goods from seller.Seller said return goods sent me PO box in NSW to return goods to.Returned item and nothing heard.Started paypal dispute.Paypal advised me because return address didnt match paypal address there wasnt anything they could do unless seller agreed to refund.Be aware that chinese companys using shipping hub in Australia but have registered paypal address in china can bypass giving you a refund or replacement when they tell you to send item back to an australian address.This australian stock might be faster,but you have no protection thru paypal when it goes wrong.After 15+ yrs i thought id seen all the scams.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Beware

You can't name and shame here.

I am sorry you had a problem like this but there are procedures in place to help make things eaier and safer, you just have to follow them. If you have a similar problem in the future come back before you do anything and experienced buyers and sellers here can give you advice on what to do to get your money back.

Latest reply

Beware

Are these messages on Ebay? If so, you have eBay's buyer protection which also requires the seller to provide you with a prepaid return label.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Beware

Yes the messages are on ebay and the lady i spoke to from ebay read them.There policey is different than paypal and if it was an ebay claim i would been covered.Because it was a paypal claim its not covered.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Beware

Its not a matter of no experience.Its a loophole in paypal.You have a company in china registered with paypal as being in china the company has someone sending stock from aus using aust post.If the item is faulty seller tells you send it back to aus address.Under paypal rules laws you are not covered when you send it back because it doesnt match the paypal registered address.That would apply for every chinese company with someone here in aus sending out items and using a return address here in aus.Im not saying they are all not going to refund or replace.But under paypal if they dont there isnt a thing you can do.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Beware

What you should have done was open the dispute in either ebay or paypal and wait for them to tell you the address to return the item.

If you only send to the address given to you through the dispute you are covered.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Beware

Can't you still open the Ebay claim?
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Beware

No because paypal case has been dragging on for so long(26th jan) im passed the ebay claim time.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Beware

lyndal1838 How true.That being said paypal do say talk your seller ect.I was talking to seller and seller said send it back.I sent it back supplied tracking number and thats when seller said you have a dispute with paypal close the case otherwise we cant send replacement.The dispute case was open before i sent it back so they knew there was a dispute open not a claim just dispute.As soon as they said we are not sending replacement thats when i made a claim.Very messy.Ive learnt if they are in china with someone here in aus im not buying.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Beware

Why cut off your nose to spite your face.....if you want to buy from a Chinese seller with their items in Australia just do so,

Ignore any advice to talk to the seller....just open a dispute and escalate it to receive the proper address for the return of the item.

If you follow the correct dispute procedure in either ebay or paypal you are protected.   If somehow it still goes pearshaped after you have followed the correct procedure there are other avenues.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply