Buying from India - delivery times to Australia

Hi everyone

For those of you who purchase trinkets from India, what is your opinion of the delivery times over the last month or so?

Are they comparable to deliveries from China (2-4 weeks), or longer or shorter, or something else?

I just want to make sure I'm being fair to my sellers before contacting them.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

My experience has been if they come from one of the main cities delivery times have been reasonable 2-3 weeks.

From outer areas I have waited 2-3 months.

I have also had mail tampered with and some of the items taken from the packages. (India)

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks Kopes

Sounds standard for most items, then. I'll wait a little longer.

Sorry to hear about the items that were tampered with 😞

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I haven't bought anything for over 12 months, but my delivery times could be anywhere from a week to 5 weeks. I was buying from 3 different sellers who were in the same general area (I thought at first they were all the same person). The biggest hold ups for me was customs.

One in particular they wanted all sorts of info from me, including an ingredient list for the supplements I'd bought. I didn't buy any supplements. The correct description was on the top of the box. Later on I established that the contents of the parcel share a name with a mineral supplement (or something like that).

I even told them to open the parcel. They refused to open it and I had to wait to get the info they needed from the seller, even though all the paperwork was there in the sealed plastic envelope thingy.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Geez Tippy! How annoying for you.

Well, I have an update to my initial post - the actually reason my items were taking an age to arrive was because the seller never sent them and went AWOL!

Very disappointing because they were cool things. Oh well, maybe next time!

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I am now up to order number 4 of 4 in the last month from India to Australia  that haven't made it past notification of tracking number. What is going on, it seems that all my orders from India have not been posted ?  Getting a refund is not a problem but I would much prefer the items that I bid on. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Four years ago, delivery times were slow even when not in a pandemic...  What are you expecting in the middle of a pandemic from the country with the second highest COVID case load on the planet which has been shut out by nearly every country on earth ?

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I don't know that I'd even want to touch a parcel coming from India atm

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

What are you expecting...

Pick me, pick me!

Business as usual as a global pandemic shouldn't personally impact margaret.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I just purchased a tablet from Hong Kong.  Tracking read:

• 2021-08-30 23:00:22.  Shipped.  Package has been sterilized and shipped out.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply