Can someone please explain?

Can anyone explain why we need to leave multiple feeback on items that are purchased in the one transaction? When you consider that only the feedback on the first item gives you a point, it just doesn't make sense to leave feedback on all the other items in that transaction. 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It can help a seller to get multiple feedback.

It increases the actual number of items for which feedback has been left although it only increases the feedback score by 1.

For example, my feedback score shows 5600 odd but I have actually bought in excess of 15000 items.

It is not all that difficult to fill in multiple feedback if you use the automated comments that you have used before.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Automated comments? Not sure what you mean. Is there such an option? I always type out each of my feedback comments.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Yes, there is such a function.

Once you have typed a comment into the box it is stored for future use.

When you start typing the next time a drop down box will appear with a choice of comments that you have used before.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I just tried it and I didn't get any drop down box, even when starting to type the exact same comment as I had just left. 😞 

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

ive noticed that drop down box with the first feedback i do via the list of items on my items bought page, but after i do the first one i get the page with 'leave more feedback' where when i go there the drop down box no longer appears.

this is where copy and paste comes in.

i use google chrome on a desktop with windows vista

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

It usually won't give you the same comment if left recently.

I use 5-6 different ones and the drop down will suggest the ones I haven't used until there are no more new suggsetions.

Or as suggested, leave one comment then copy n paste into the others.

image host
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Perhaps a person may have been happy with only four out of five items for example, hence the need for seperate feed backs.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@lindab0418 wrote:

Can anyone explain why we need to leave multiple feeback on items that are purchased in the one transaction? When you consider that only the feedback on the first item gives you a point, it just doesn't make sense to leave feedback on all the other items in that transaction. 

Feedback is voluntary, so there is no NEED to leave feedback at all. I doubt many sellers are that concerned with the total number of feedback transactions (unless they are skating close to unacceptable defect levels) so leaving feedback for one item should not bother them.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

That's a good point, as is the OPs. Perhaps eBay might want to give the buyer an option, for multiple purchases, to either leave a single response/stars or leave separate feedback for each item.
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply