Combined postage

Hi,

I purchased multiple items from a seller and want to combine the postage.

I checked with the seller that this was ok before buying the items, but when I try to request an updated invoice the message I receive tells me that the seller does not offer combined postage.

The seller is more than willing to combine these items for posting, but tells me they do not know how to do it their end.

Can someone please advise how the seller can amend the invoice to do this as she is claiming she cannot change the postage costs on the invoice and is insisting that I just ignore the amount listed on Ebay invoice and pay the lesser amount by direct deposit (which I refuse to do).

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Combined postage

sometimes it is as simple as the seller has not noticed in their SITE PREFERENCES that there is a default for "allow combined postage"  and it is ticked NO.   

Site Preferences > Postage preferencesHidepostage preferences 
Offer combined payments and postage

Regardless, all the seller has to do is send you an invoice - she can change the postage to whatever you have agreed upon - the trick is for the seller not to hit "recalculate" - as then it will revert back to the original postage.

Perhaps in the first instance, you could ask your seller to look at these two suggestions.

And then let us know what she says.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Combined postage

and do not be bullied into paying bank deposit you would not be protected if your items do not arrive

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Combined postage

To add if for some reason she cant combine, perhaps your purchases are in different currency for example, the seller can make additional items free postage if that works with the postage cost.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Combined postage

If after trying the above suggested by curraone, by asking the seller to send an invoice in the manner described, they can't figure out how to, come back and let us know. There is another way to do it, but it should be left as a last resort, given the ebay age of 'defects' that sellers now live in.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Combined postage

The exception is if they are free or very cheap postage, a seller is not able to discount more than they are charging for delivery.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply