Combined postage

I won a bunch of items from a single seller and I requested an invoice for combined postage, but got a message stating that the seller won't combine a postage discount which is fair enough if they stated this in their listings which they didn't so I'm supposed to pay a **bleep** load for postage now.

If the seller stated this in their listings then I wouldn't have bid on more than 1 item.

Why can't sellers state this in their listings for goodness sakes?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Combined postage

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Unless the seller states that they offer combined postage discounts then you should ask before bidding/buying.

Always assume that the seller does not offer discounts even if they offer combined postage.

Ask before buying and you will not be surprised.  Postage discounts are a bonus, not a right.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Combined postage

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Unless the seller states that they offer combined postage discounts then you should ask before bidding/buying.

Always assume that the seller does not offer discounts even if they offer combined postage.

Ask before buying and you will not be surprised.  Postage discounts are a bonus, not a right.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

Yes I know but the postage is going to cost me $700.

And yes I should have asked because the seller is a new seller.

But it's my mistake ร nd I think many other buyers will get caught out as well.

And it's not a privelage to get a combined postage discount surely you would get a discount in my case?

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

surely you would get a discount in my case?

Maybe you need to re-read the post you accepted as an answer

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

No seller has to give postage discounts so yes, it is a priviledge Eezi.

But I take your point....Most sellers would recognise the advantage of giving a discount and encouraging buyers to buy more.

$700 is a huge amount to pay for postage.  Are the items large/heavy and is the individual postage justified or is it a new seller who does not have a clue?

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

Yes I accepted it because that's the fact and I said that in my case I should receive a postage discount that's all

but I know that I won't.

So what lyndal said is what it is 

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

I won 100 items at $7 postage each but the whole lot could be posted for say $14

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

It is a new seller with only 30 previous sales all different buyers until now they have a few buyers that look like have purchased muliple items like myself so I hope future buyers don't get caught out like I did so I have sent the seller a polite message regarding my issue.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

OMG.....I would be spitting chips too!!!

So small light items that would fit in a satchel? Were they a bargain and the seller is trying to make up for the price with increased postage?   Should they be well packed to prevent breakage?  That may necessitate a bit more weight and a larger parcel.

I think I would bite the bullet and be a non payer.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

I'm waiting for the seller to message back with a solution and hopefully they do come to terms with my delema.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply