Confused!

Made an offer on item from the US and seller accepted the price but the shipping cost was not included on listing. Asked seller for shipping cost but got no reply!!! Then requested seller to cancel the order which they did. Do you think seller is obligated to give me shipping cost?
Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Confused!

Michelle, you have to wait for the shipping cost.     It will be on the invoice.

You can't pay until you have that cost.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Confused!

Its fine now seller just gave me shipping cost. Mind you I was referring to another offer I had a while back with same seller but that time I was not provided with the shipping cost. All good.
Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

Confused!

Michelle, you have to wait for the shipping cost.     It will be on the invoice.

You can't pay until you have that cost.

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

Confused!

@michellebartley wrote:
Made an offer on item from the US and seller accepted the price but the shipping cost was not included on listing. Asked seller for shipping cost but got no reply!!! Then requested seller to cancel the order which they did. Do you think seller is obligated to give me shipping cost?

did the listing say "may not ship to Australia"?

If the listing says "no international shipping" then the seller is within their rights to ignore any request for international shipping.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

Confused!

@michellebartley wrote:
Its fine now seller just gave me shipping cost. Mind you I was referring to another offer I had a while back with same seller but that time I was not provided with the shipping cost. All good.

I am confused too.

Are we talking about the shipping cost on a current purchase or the shipping cost on an item from some time ago?

If you are going to make an offer on an item you need to ask for a shipping cost before making an offer.  If the seller does not answer then it probaby means they will not ship to your address/country.

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

Confused!

your posts confused me too Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Confused!

Shipping cost on current item Lyndal.
Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

Confused!

I had 2 offers left as I only made one and received counter offer and seller said I do not intend to drop the price any lower for you!!!
Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

Confused!

@michellebartley wrote:
Shipping cost on current item Lyndal.

Then that's the shipping cost as when you make an offer you can only get the purchase price changed.

The postage price can not be changed as it's not part of the offer.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

Confused!

From their policy page:

Is postage negotiable with Best Offer?

If the seller has specified postage costs for the item, it is not negotiable.

If however, the seller has requested that the buyer contact the seller for postage costs, the buyer can offer the

seller a price for the item plus postage costs in a single offer.

The buyer would then simply add, Including postage to the message box.

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply