Customs

I want to purchase a pet food item from seller in the US (It's dirt cheap and so is the postage) I did buy the same item around 2 years ago or more, from another seller and it was confiscated by Customs. Do you think this purchase could be a risk of ending up same way? Im still very tempted to buy it.
Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Customs

They are just a regular seller.
Message 11 of 57
Latest reply

Then they'll tell you what you want to hear, just to get your money IMO

It's all wrong Michelle.    Customs will have a red flag on you and the fine will be big.

Message 12 of 57
Latest reply

They have no say it what customs do. Why involve them when you know it is breaking the rules?

Message 13 of 57
Latest reply

Michelle, no point in asking the seller.

They don't know what customs will do especially in another country.

Sometimes I wonder if you are playing with us.

Just move on.

And like others have said you are setting yourself up for fines and court appearances.

Customs in Aus don't muck around.

image host
Message 14 of 57
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
I want to purchase a pet food item from seller in the US (It's dirt cheap and so is the postage) I did buy the same item around 2 years ago or more, from another seller and it was confiscated by Customs. Do you think this purchase could be a risk of ending up same way? Im still very tempted to buy it.

michelle, I have one word for you . . . . . RESPECT.

It is time you showed some respect for the border controls we have (such as customs) and if the item you are thinking of buying was confiscated last time you tried to buy it then show some respect and do not try again.

If you do try again, I hope they catch you and throw the book at you.  Who knows, maybe some lurker on these boards has already notified customs of your flagrant disregard for Australian border controls.  One can live in hope.

Message 15 of 57
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:

Seriously?

No overseas seller would guarantee an item will get through our Customs unless they are experts and are up with the regulations. 

I think putting the onus on the seller is completely unreasonable.  Especially as YOU know that in all probability it won't get past Customs here.  It's plain silly to bring yourself to their attention by trying to import the same item you couldn't get two years ago.

It's not worth it!

Message 16 of 57
Latest reply

Kloo-sir -sales tell me the definitive meaning of respect. Pleeeeaassse......get off your high horse.......and remember its a long fall to the ground. I will mark as a solution to whoever I prefer on the boards.
Message 17 of 57
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if you are playing with us.

One of the first replies I ever had from the OP was a threat to place a voodoo curse on me, so I don't wonder at all. Smiley Wink

I just answer for all those late-night googlers that might actually want an answer to the same (or similar) question. 

Message 18 of 57
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
Kloo-sir -sales tell me the definitive meaning of respect.

I feel that based on previous posting history I'd be wasting my time and efforts, so I won't bother.

Spoiler
trying would be akin to flogging a dead horse . . . . . . much like posting further on this thread
Message 19 of 57
Latest reply

Michelle, this is what I'd do. You've already been caught at least once, but didn't get a fine or warning, so my guess is they think you're OK. They may even have put an exemption against your name. I'd be giving customs a call (you can google the number) and let them know that you had an item confiscated 2 years ago, but as you didn't get into trouble, you think you've been made exempt from the importation laws, but you want to check before the same item arrives again, just in case. If the item has already been posted, you could give them the tracking number so they can fast track it for you. Problem solved. That's what I'd do.

Message 20 of 57
Latest reply