Delivery time lies

Hi all, ordered a computer tablet from Malaysia because it gave a delivery time of a week. Made the purchase and waited three days before asking for a tracking number and postage confirmation. Their reply was, please be patient and wait 20 to 30 more days for delivery, have a nice day.   I replied that I will be expecting delivery by the end of next week or I will be considering further actions. The tracking still shows that Aust Post has approved of the delivery, but no events, so it will not be here within the promised time frame. I bet they are just drop shipping out of China and we, the buyer are mislead from the beginning. It is not only the Chinese who are getting away with the lies. I may as well have purchased it directly from China, and saved around 30%.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Delivery time lies

1 week from Malaysia? And you believed that?

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I lump Malaysia in with China....similar cheap junk, similar fakes, similar shipping times.

Why would anyone think it is going to be any different to trading with Chinese sellers in China when there is a huge Chinese population in Malaysia anyway?

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

You say aust post tracking - if its coming from Malaysia then it wont be Aust post tracking and if you believed it was possible to get it here in 1 week then sorry .... your living in a dream world.

For someone with over a thousand feedback - you should be aware by now of the fiction of ebays delivery times. 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@stickerswa wrote:

You say aust post tracking - if its coming from Malaysia then it wont be Aust post tracking and if you believed it was possible to get it here in 1 week then sorry .... your living in a dream world.

For someone with over a thousand feedback - you should be aware by now of the fiction of ebays delivery times. 

I (fairly) regularly make photobooks. The company has Australian offices but the printing is done in Malaysia.

Those books are usually on my doorstep within 4-5 days of uploading and i once received some on day 2.

I'm not sure if they come via Auspost, I just know they come express delivery.

Of course, I am not talking about an ebay purchase here but I just wanted to say that something can come from Malaysia & be here in a week.

If i bought from a company that has an estimated arrival date of one week I'd be surprised, yes, but I would assume they must be sending it express.

If they had that date coming up in their ad but then their actual time was 30 days longer, I'd be filing an item not received claim a few days after the last estimated date passed. It's false advertising and they could fix it. Other sellers know how to move out the estimated dates and so should they.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Well, Aust Post has it in Chullora, and it should be delivered to me on Mon, all being equal. I received a 3kg parcel from Hongkong on Mon that was only sent last Wed, so it can be done by the right sellers. I got my fur up when I was told I must wait another 20 to 30 days than what the original listing promised.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

bof2814-0
Community Member

I am interested in why you considered a company in Malaysia would drop ship from China to Australia seems overly complicated?

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

With their extended delivery time, I thought they may have been ordering from China, after they received my purchase. Not really drop shipping I suppose if they ordered in then posted out.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I'm not sure I really understand this thread - eBay's ETAs are only influenced by the seller, but they certainly aren't created or decided by them (and by influenced, I mean that it's based on the handling time and service selected), so they aren't promises being made by the seller. And even then, it's not like eBay's calculation system is perfect - they view all couriers as "express" delivery services, when in a lot of cases nothing could be further from the truth. 

I mean, I once bought an item from Belgium, and eBay's ETA was 3 days away from the purchase. I immediately dismissed that and gave it a good few weeks for arrival. Another time, I purchased an item from within Australia on a Saturday, eBay's ETA said delivery on Monday, so not even 1 full business day passing....and that Monday being a public holiday. Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Understand what you are saying, yes, but what got me was one minute it was around a week delivery and after the money was paid it was blown out to the 20 to 30 days. They cant have things both ways, either one or the other. As I stated earlier, it is now in Sydney, which is inline with what the listing promised, so all will be good. It is when you get no tracking info, and a blunt reply telling me to just wait it out when I ask for tracking that I start asking questions.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply