Dodgey seller yet again

Following with interest a particular seller who sold hundreds of sets 10 post satchels plus some very expensive stamps at $1500 with really no description. Should have sent warning bells to me but I only checked the feedback score when I bought. Even went to the trouble to report them to ebay as after selling hundreds and no replies at all they then went private with their feedback. Wisely they had a long post time so cannot put a negative or an item not received in for a refund yet. Plenty of time to take the money and run.

Funnily enough I did warn ebay what was happening but they confirmed it was a very good seller. Ha Ha!!! I am sure in a couple of days the negative feedbacks for no items will come rolling in. This will be interesting to watch.

Price seemed to good to be true, and with my 10% discount it was very good. Have I learnt my lesson? NAH! a good deal is always worth trying to get. And eventually I will get my refund.

And of course ebay always always always have good checks on ebayers........... 

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Dodgey seller yet again

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If they have Private feedback it means they are no longer selling.  Even if you leave feedback no-one can see it so you will not see the negatives roll in....neither will anyone else.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Dodgey seller yet again

Haha, yes, I just went to have a look and no items for sale, but it does say Feedback will be reflected in the table . . . . .  so will be interesting to follow and watch the negs roll in - but presumably he's done a runner with the $  Hope you get yours back justcruising

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Dodgey seller yet again

go-tazz
Community Member

They have already been NARU'd,(Not A Registered User)good.gif

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Dodgey seller yet again

No not yet they are not an unregistered user. See they now have 2 negatives, I cannot do anything till after 7 days so mine and many more will follow I am sure.

They ''must'' be good as ebay told me they were ---RIGHT!!!!!

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Dodgey seller yet again

Sorry got sidetracked as there was another "seller" of 10 x postage bags who's NARU'd.

They are up to 6 negatives now.(the negs show on their feedback as in the number of them can/will increase

just the comments wont show).

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Dodgey seller yet again

With the 6 (so far)  negatives can anyone explain why they still have a 5/5 star rating for communication? and great for everything else too. Surely this makes a mockery of ebays star system as I am sure are not getting stars.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Dodgey seller yet again

@ford12ford wrote:

With the 6 (so far)  negatives can anyone explain why they still have a 5/5 star rating for communication? and great for everything else too. Surely this makes a mockery of ebays star system as I am sure are not getting stars.

If there is no communication between the seller and buyer then the stars for communication can be greyed

out,(buyers wouldn't be able the score those stars).

With only a small number of buyers that may have marked the stars down it wont affect them much,(870

feedback comment and only 6 buyers that may have marked the stars down).

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Dodgey seller yet again

Pretty sure if you give a negative, you don't get to mark the stars,

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Dodgey seller yet again

Up to 7 negs now.

This can't have been a seller gone rogue.   They had a store.

And if it was hi-jacked, how did ebay decide to shut it down so quickly?

They're not ususally that quick.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply