Ebay staff unhelpful

katii777
Community Member
I purchased an item which I have not received, I have called 4 times... and spoke to 4 different people who have advised me 4 different things.

K-Maputi 1-46785530418 - Spoke on the phone for over half an hour, was meant to phone me back, never did.

Melai 1-46789937033 - unhelpful, would not listen to what I was saying, Kept repeating the same thing over and over again even after I advised I knew what she was saying.

I have emailed the Seller 4 times and have not received a response to which I have advised Ebay each time I have called, I have been advised it will take another week before Ebay will do anything to help. This is ridiculous and I want this sorted out!
Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay staff unhelpful

you NEVER phone ebay about a non arrival of an item they cannot possible know what the Seller is doing.

open a Dispute for item not received in Paypal, if the seller cannot prove they sent it, you get your money back

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay staff unhelpful

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

When did you buy the item?

How did you pay?

And where is the item coming from?

Have you allowed enough time for the item to arrive?

There is no point in contacting ebay about a missing parcel.....they cannot/will not do anything as they cannot know what a seller is doing.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay staff unhelpful

You should open a dispute through eBay money back guarantee or through Paypal.

Did you pay for the item with Paypal?

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay staff unhelpful

What you said is probably true but why couldn't ebay staff just tell Katii that-to open a dispute.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay staff unhelpful

If ebay staff actually gave helpful advice there would be no need for the boards springy.....we would all be out of a job.Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay staff unhelpful

@springyzone wrote:

What you said is probably true but why couldn't ebay staff just tell Katii that-to open a dispute.

Maybe they did, and maybe they kept repeating it just as you guys have.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay staff unhelpful

You might be right springy.

At least on the phone Katii would have received the message but who knows if she has read our messages as she has never returned to the boards to post.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay staff unhelpful

@lyndal1838 wrote:

You might be right springy.

At least on the phone Katii would have received the message but who knows if she has read our messages as she has never returned to the boards to post.

I have noticed this a few times, the post-a-topic-and-don't-return.

Is it worth sending a private message in case they aren't aware people have taken the time to respond?

(I know I can be slow to respond sometimes but I am talking about those who simply don't bother coming back.....)

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay staff unhelpful

katii777
Community Member
Thank you all so much for your replies and advice! I have got the item refunded to me and dispute is now closed. My problem was that ebay staff refused to help me at all and kept telling me to phone the next day which I did and still received no help. I ended up sending 6 emails to the seller and ended up getting it refunded thankfully. I do appreciate all the posts, to be honest I did not think anyone would reply and had never used this method before so I assumed I would get a notification or email to advise a reply. But thanks all again 😊😊
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply