Expedited Paypal-not wanted!

Just made a purchase last night ($609 coffee machine) and only bought it to get the 5% C5AUS to bring it down to $579. Read all the fine print and hit the purchase-Paypal button and didn't get redirected to Paypal, just a small screen on the Ebay page to complete. Long story short, there was no option to input the code so I didn't have it honoured (have since disputed and iit  may be remimbursed). Has anyone else had this "expedited"method of linking to Paypal, I really don't want it and don't recall asking for it....

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cheers for replying to my issue, I've turned off  the "Stay logged in for faster purchases" as described so hopefully this won't hppen again, it certainly gave me cause for concern last night!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

go-tazz
Community Member

How to de-activate One Touch.

You can de-activate it by turning it off within your PayPal account.

Just go to PayPal.com.au Profile, click Security, and then edit your โ€œStay logged in for faster purchasesโ€ option.

Business account users can deactivate by clicking the Profile icon and selecting Log out of all devices from

the drop down menu.

Alternatively, you can call them,clear cookis and cache or change your password.

It's supposed to be an option,(but some members are automatically logged into it),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Cheers for replying to my issue, I've turned off  the "Stay logged in for faster purchases" as described so hopefully this won't hppen again, it certainly gave me cause for concern last night!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Just be careful if you make a payment via the eBay app. The box is ticked by default to change it to one touch payment. I forgot to untick one time then couldn't work out why I had that awful feature again.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

it's a security issue as anyone that can access a phone that has it ticked can make a purchase,(so now it could

be a genuine excuse used for a chargeback,so expect more of them).

Mine was ticked automatically,(I only use my desktop for eBay as I have Wifi turned off on my phone).

It might be quicker but it's certainly not safer,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Paywave is a major security issue too but it doesn't stop people using it. I rarely pay for anything via the app but I did notice that each time the box was ticked, even when it was previously unticked.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Paywave is not an issue when using it. It is an issue having a card with it.

I have people insist on paying with a card through incerting it in the EFTPOS terminal because Paywave is 'unsafe'. They could be right, as they are the sort of people who don't take the time to actually find facts.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply