False advertisement on Ebay

5amzz
Community Member

I want to share heaps of experience on ebay.

I was a member on Ebay since 2010 and I have seen many changes on ebay such as free listing,higher fees. My experience was when Ebay announce its free listing I could find heaps of item that I wants easily which is good.On the other side when it is free listing I experienced some of the seller misuse the privelege given by ebay by selling items that are fakes,immitation and cheaps they bought from China and sells them on Ebay on premium price.Guess what happen, I as buyer suffers these. Since many people trying to make profit on ebay,some of them are ridiculously make false advertising stating Authentic shoe as an example.We as a buyer would believe as the seller already said in its advertisement it is Authentic but guess what we get are Imitation shoe from China.They as a seller would not pay any fees until their item is sold.As Ebay offers free listing, the seller have no burden on selling on Ebay as they would only be charged if its item is sold to the buyer. They would list their item 3-5x they bought from china and hoping that the buyer wouldn't notice the diffrence between the Real and Fake ones. If the buyer do notice that they got the fake shoe in this case, the buyer should return the shoe to the seller by paying its postage back which cost the buyer $15 for example.What they did is if they receive a negative feedback, they would make a new account and start selling these Fake shoe on Ebay stating it was Authentic New in Box but again it was fake.

Here I am just sharing my experience that I am getting annoyed of from my experience in buying at Ebay.

Anyone experiencing similar problem from me?Having same issues as me?

In my opinion these issues can be reduced by having the paid insertion fees back to scares off the fake sellers and by having a policy such as: "Return fees will be paid by seller if it was not as advertised"

Hope Ebay will continue its success not only by making profit but by making ebay a safe place to trade for buyers and sellers.
Cheers 
Sam

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I've been on ebay since 1999.  back then we ocassionally got free listings, not very often, but there were, and always will be fakes around

it is like going to a local community market or trash and treasure market, there will always be fakes.

it is up to buyers to make sure they know what they are buying.

if something looks too good to be true, it usually is,

if you are really looking to spend big $ on high end labels, buy them from a certified reseller of that brand.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

It is not the buyers responsibility. It is eBay's legal obligation to ensure all fraudulent activities are met with the full force of the law. And that includes China. Ebay can not hide behind a keyboard. Once a fraud claim is raised ebay by law must act as ignorance is no excuse.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

This thread is over 3 years old and the OP has not been back since the thread was started.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply