GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

lurgilip
Community Member

Just wondering if anyone has purchased one of these generators as they are flooding ebay at a very reasonable price. 

There seems to be no independent reviews on them despite my attempts to find one through google searching.

If you have one would you recommend buying one. No point in answering this question if you have one and have started it once and used it for a very short period of time.

I want to hear from someone who has flogged it!

Thanks too lyndal1838 & colkym for your answers & directing me to this forum.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

Look dodgy, Nsw Fair Trading have got a guy in court at the moment, have a look at the machine no brand, gentrax does not seem to exist, how can all these weird names be from reputable companies if nobody has heard of them. You would most likely lose your money and have an expensive door weight.
Message 11 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

Hi

I purchased the 4.4 KVA gentrax. The first one delivered was leaking oil and had a broken choke lever

The next one showed a polarity reverse. On checking the unit I found thefollowing

voltage between active and neautral was 240V

voltage between active and earth 000V . correct

violtage between neautral and earth 130V. If you had a earth fault on 3 wired appliance it would kill you.

Regards

Chris

Message 12 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

Bought one, nothing but problems and the reason there is no reviews, they delete bad reviews. I had my bad review deleted. My suggestion, DON"T BUY!!

Message 13 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

e.53.60.18
Community Member
I just bought a GT4000 which is listed at the moment as 2.2 kva. When it arrived I knew even before unboxed that it was much too small and light to be a 2.2 kva. The whole thing has a weight of 12.8 with fuel and oil, runs quite nicely up to a load of 1 kva above which it lights and sounds an alarm.
It is not as well detailed as the name brands admittedly, however, what really annoys me is they are falsely listing as more capable than they are. I suppose if one takes action with consumer affairs, the organization will just disappear! I must say the delivery to my PO Box in Darwin was only 3 days, yes AP
Message 14 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

Hi all, a mate was lucky enough to score a 10kva with an 18hp Honda copy engine for $405 ebay auction, they are normally $700 buy now and it is a great unit. They are out in a rural area and get many power outages, so he has it wired into his power box with a changeover switch and it runs the whole house, and that's everything, fridges, freezer, 2 aircons etc. Has not missed a beat, and not too noisy either. At 700, they are a top b uy, but 405 it was a steal. It weighs in at 98 kg, and the generator is huge, so it's the real deal. Brand is Kuller. We have a water pump also and it works great also. There are some great value machines on ebay, you just have to sort out the fake rubbish from the genuine sellers.

Message 15 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

Did you get a refund ? What was the outcome?

Chris

Message 16 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

opals63
Community Member

I have had a Gen Trax for over a year now and work 9 months of the year in the remote desert country exploring for gold, use the genset every day and must admit, from day one there has never been a problem, starts every single time no problems runs every thing i need, computers, sat phones etc.

I would buy another

Message 17 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

I'm guessing as this thread was started 16 months ago, the OP has probably well and truly made their decision about whether to buy one or not.....

Message 18 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

Hi, I brought a GenTrax gen set as a back up genni as I live in the north Qld reagon and we are prone to the odd cyclone. I had it for about a month and never used it untill cyclone Marcia came here and we lost the power. I thought I would be fine as I gad a larg genset and plugged everything in and away we went. It lasted just under 100 hours before it failed badly. I contacted my ebay seller and got the run around. Parts only warranty and only after I have it repaired and only as more parts that I don't need if I have already repaired it.
I took it to a local small engine shop and old mate said he had 50 cheap Chinese inverters in there in the last month and they were really not worth fixing. He didn't even want to waste time on it.
Ebay gave me a refund after I had to start a claim against the seller. They didn't even want it returned. So I'm guessing they must have a lot coming back if they don't even bother getting them sent back.
Hope this helps bud.
Garry Walker
Message 19 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

Refer sheep's post (the one directly before yours) and add FIVE months!

Message 20 of 35
Latest reply