Global Shipping Program status says delivered in Erlanger, KY?

yoshpi
Community Member

Recently I bought an item from a seller in the US, paid for the item to be delivered to Australia via the Global Shipping Program. I was given a tracking number, which showed the progress of the delivery. However the progress changed from In Transit to Delivered in Erlanger, KY. I understand that with the GSP the seller posts the item to Pitney Bowes Inc. in Erlanger and they re-package it and send it to Australia. However, is it odd that the status says delivered? Will the tracking get updated with the new international tracking number and change back to in transit again? I've never used this service before and I'm a bit apprehensive. I've contacted the seller but they're as much clueless as me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 128
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

yoshpi
Community Member

I called up eBay today and they were able to transfer me to the department responsible for the Global Shipping Program, turns out there's a bug on the eBay system for the past week or two which causes the updated tracking information for multiple carriers not to show up properly. The staff were very nice however, and were able to manually give me the FedEx tracking number. The item is on its way safely!

For anyone who's having trouble with tracking I suggest calling up eBay and see if you can get the carrier tracking details that way.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 128
Latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

Yes it will continue to track when it leaves there at least my purchases have. Fraankly I hate this global shipping programme its too exy & a pain in the backside.

Your parcel may very well have zig zagged thru the USA before it gets to you!lol

Message 2 of 128
Latest reply

There should be a totally new number on your Order Details page. The USPS one is now irrelevant and spent.

The international tracking of GSP parcels is very poor, usually not available till after delivery, but sometimes it works, if you can find the site to enter it and make it work. Probably not worth the effort.

Just avoid GSP sellers unless you are buying very heavy items.

Message 3 of 128
Latest reply

yoshpi
Community Member

I called up eBay today and they were able to transfer me to the department responsible for the Global Shipping Program, turns out there's a bug on the eBay system for the past week or two which causes the updated tracking information for multiple carriers not to show up properly. The staff were very nice however, and were able to manually give me the FedEx tracking number. The item is on its way safely!

For anyone who's having trouble with tracking I suggest calling up eBay and see if you can get the carrier tracking details that way.

Cheers,

Message 4 of 128
Latest reply

Avoid the GSP - it's a complete rip-off

Message 5 of 128
Latest reply

My parcel is going around the block as well - started in Illinois, then went to Elk Grove Village, back to Illionois & then several mentions thru Illionois & has been there since last Thur.  

Mine is USPS, first class mail - no mention of the other method.

Message 6 of 128
Latest reply

Agree, don't use it if you can. My things have actually arrived quicker without it from the USA. It's a real pain to have to deal with it. Avoid at all costs.

Message 7 of 128
Latest reply

Once bitten twice shy ! i am currently in the same problem , next time i will contact the seller prior to purchasing and ask if they can send by DHL or some other  profeesional courier as this current  GSP is a joke and a expensive one at that. We are told after the item spends around 7-10 days touring the mutipal post locations in the US that ebay will give a new tracking number HA WHAT A JOKE it just doesnt happen , as for the customs duties etc also not quite true in many cases depending on the item the cost is a lot less then we are robbed of when we pay for the item , also in most cases i can get DHL to deliver cheaper ,quicker and i can track the item ALL THE WAY with the same number , any probs with cistoms etc they WILL phone you and you can give instruction on what will happen  , all in all EBAY should give the choice so one can sell and buy with one's prefered option .

Message 8 of 128
Latest reply

The GSP uses FedEx to ship to Australia....there is nothing more professional than that.

There will only be Customs duties and fees added if the item is more than $1000 and the amount will be specified on the invoice.

The high shipping charges are actually the payment to Pitney Bowes for packaging the item for international shipping and the preparation of the paperwork.

While I agree with you that the GSP is a disaster for smaller packages, there is ample evidence that for large and heavy parcels it is quite cost effective.

Before complaining about the system you should understand what the charges are for...you are not being charged Customs duties unless they are stated on the invoice.

Message 9 of 128
Latest reply

I agree with the other comments that the GSP is a real pain and very unprofessional. Once the package reaches the GSP centre, it just disappears off the grid. No updates are available regardless of whether it ships via USPS or FEDEX.

Why doesn't the system update the tracking information?

Message 10 of 128
Latest reply