Global Shipping Program status says delivered in Erlanger, KY?

yoshpi
Community Member

Recently I bought an item from a seller in the US, paid for the item to be delivered to Australia via the Global Shipping Program. I was given a tracking number, which showed the progress of the delivery. However the progress changed from In Transit to Delivered in Erlanger, KY. I understand that with the GSP the seller posts the item to Pitney Bowes Inc. in Erlanger and they re-package it and send it to Australia. However, is it odd that the status says delivered? Will the tracking get updated with the new international tracking number and change back to in transit again? I've never used this service before and I'm a bit apprehensive. I've contacted the seller but they're as much clueless as me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 128
Latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

I have attempted to do the same and got absolutely no help at all!! Just get shuffled from one department to the next!
Message 11 of 128
Latest reply

Global Shipping Programme is a load of rubbish. Scrap it ebay!
Message 12 of 128
Latest reply

proart
Community Member

Hello,

I have been using the GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM.

I received an email informing me that my sold item to MY could not be delivered.

It was being held in KY.

Refunds to the buyer and myself had been made.

I called Ebay and asked them if the item could be shipped back to me.

No.

Ok, can I buy this back?

We do not know.

Contact the center in KY.

Anyone know how I could bid/buy items from the KY shipping center? 

Message 13 of 128
Latest reply

As there is no MY in the US, did you mean NY instead? Regardless, the way Pitney Bowes conducts business is quite appalling IMO.
Message 14 of 128
Latest reply

Hello,

No, this was bound for Malasis.

Message 15 of 128
Latest reply

Malasia.

Sorry

Message 16 of 128
Latest reply

You obviously mean Malaysia. Do you realise you are asking your questions on the Australian boards? You need to log out and go to www.ebay.com instead. I'm sure somebody more local to you will be able to answer your questions.
Message 17 of 128
Latest reply

Your item cannot be shipped back to you.

There is an ebay seller ID that sells items that have been 'undeliverable' by the GSP but I can't remeber it offhand. Now that the US International Trading board has been abolished you might try the generic US Selling board, but the best thing is to forget about it. You have been paid as if the sale had gone through OK.

Message 18 of 128
Latest reply

Hi, Just to let you know- same thing happened to me recently.  My package showed as delivered  to Erlanger on 30 October 2014,  It has never moved from there--   I spent a lot of time trying to sort this with Ebay- I then received another email on 14 November stating that the package had been sent with a number which can't even be tracked=  Despite that there is no record of it ever moving from its delivery status with Erlanger.   I am now being told the item was lost in transit.    It is completely unsuitable.  You should contact ebay straight away,  although I don't know if it will help as it has yet to help me.

Message 19 of 128
Latest reply

Somehow I don't think the OP will have any luck contacting ebay about his problem....it happened over a year ago.

Please check the dates on threads before answering them.

Message 20 of 128
Latest reply