Global Shipping Program status says delivered in Erlanger, KY?

yoshpi
Community Member

Recently I bought an item from a seller in the US, paid for the item to be delivered to Australia via the Global Shipping Program. I was given a tracking number, which showed the progress of the delivery. However the progress changed from In Transit to Delivered in Erlanger, KY. I understand that with the GSP the seller posts the item to Pitney Bowes Inc. in Erlanger and they re-package it and send it to Australia. However, is it odd that the status says delivered? Will the tracking get updated with the new international tracking number and change back to in transit again? I've never used this service before and I'm a bit apprehensive. I've contacted the seller but they're as much clueless as me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 128
Latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

Hi, Just to let you know- same thing happened to me recently.  My package showed as delivered  to Erlanger on 30 October 2014,  It has never moved from there--   I spent a lot of time trying to sort this with Ebay- I then received another email on 14 November stating that the package had been sent with a number which can't even be tracked=  Despite that there is no record of it ever moving from its delivery status with Erlanger.   I am now being told the item was lost in transit.    It is completely unsuitable.  You should contact ebay straight away,  although I don't know if it will help as it has yet to help me.

Your route to a refund is a claim for item not received. If you have not done so  start one immediately through Paypal. It is the only method that works.

Message 21 of 128
Latest reply

If you have shipped using the Global Shipping Program and you paid Pitney Bowes for your international shipping, then this is my understanding of the process (for my parcel that went from New Jersey, USA to Melbourne, Aust:

1. Seller ships your purchase to the Global Shipping Centre - they will have a tracking code and a courier  (e.g. UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc)

2. Item then travels from the Global Shipping Centre in Kentucky (Erlanger KY) to you using another courier. However, Ebay only gives you the UPAA number. You do NOT see the 2nd courier's number or know the identity of the 2nd courier. You will, however, see tracking updates as they are fed from the courier's system back to Ebay (for you to see). But how do you track your parcel in the case of a missed delivery?

I gave them my UPAA number, they gave me the details of the 2nd courier and also the 2nd tracking number. I verified it on the website and will now organise alternative pickup with the 2nd courier (in my local area).

I also verified there is NO way to do a lookup of your UPAA number to get the details of the 2nd courier's tracking number as they do NOT push or populate the shipping detail from PBI back to Ebay. I did suggest they do this, but who knows if they ever will.

Hope this all helps.

Message 22 of 128
Latest reply

daoople, you are partially correct in what you have said but not entirely.

The goods ship with USPS to Pitney Bowes in Erlanger KY and you will get a tracking number for that leg of the journey.

When PB hands it to FedEx for shipping to Australia (it is always FedEx, no other couriers are involved) you will find the word FEDKEB in the tracking.  That is a clickable link that will take you to the FedEx site to track to your address in Australia.

Once in Australia the parcel will be either delivered by FedEx themselves or they hand it to AUstralia Post if it is a small item.

In the event that FedEx does not deliver to your area they will off load it to another courier who does deliver in your area.

If you miss the delivery it will show on the FedEx site and you canring them to arrange redelivery.

Message 23 of 128
Latest reply

As the OP asked the question SEVENTEEN MONTHS ago, I sincerely hope they have already sorted the issue.

Message 24 of 128
Latest reply

I agree Dave, it goes against the grain to post an anser on such an old thread but there is no point in leaving incorrect information as the final note on a thread.

There is already too much incorrect infor being posted on the boards.

Message 25 of 128
Latest reply

I agree.

Message 26 of 128
Latest reply

Just to update:

I received a GSP item today, where the tracking information through Purchase History remained the original UPA one throughout. No second FEDKEB tracking number was given. The tracking details were continued through to Australia and updated to Derrimut, by clicking on the UPA tracking number.

It is not yet displaying delivered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 27 of 128
Latest reply

Oh good heavens, just when you think you have it all sorted out they go and change the goal posts.

Well, that's me out......I can no longer offer help with the GSP tracking.

Thanks for posting that information Amber.

Message 28 of 128
Latest reply

I was surprised it had changed. I liked the fact we could check on the delivery date with the FEDKEB one (was reliable), with Fedex online. This way leaves one guessing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 29 of 128
Latest reply

And it also explains why I have had a few posters annoyed with me for giving them false information....kept saying the FEDKEB link was not there.

It is getting to the point where no-one is going to be able to give reliable help on the boards unless they are currently going through exactly the same process.

Message 30 of 128
Latest reply