Global shipping program and Fedex saying delivered when not

Hey guys,

I am having a problem with a international purchase shipped through the global shipping program and it saying delivered when it is not. It was a small package sent from the US to Australia and after it went through the global shipping program it appears Fedex took over the package. (After the seller originally used UPS to send it to the global shipping program location) Fedex has the package as delivered yesterday which is impossible as I was home all day and I definitely didn't sign for anything.

When I go into the Fedex tracking option for it, it says obtain prooft of delivery through entering the Fedex account number of the buyer or seller, how would you find this out? As it was shippined through the global shipping program what would this number be? I really need this as if I can see it has been signed for by someone else they must have shipped it to the wrong address.

I have had a look at the contact eBay options for this and it either redirects me to saying it is delivered or it says no contact avaliable for this section.

I would also ring the Fed Ex office in the state I am from in Australia but they are not open until Monday. 

What should I do?

Cheers 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The seller would have sent the item to Erlanger KY by USPS (not UPS which is a courier service).

Once it is processed there it is handed to FedEx for delivery to Australia.

Check your notification again....if it says that the item was delivered to an alternate address that means that it was handed to Australia Post for delivery, usually as an eParcel.

I would not do anything more at present...just wait and see if the tracking updates any more.   Probably the next update will be when it is scanned by AP when it is delivered.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Ok thanks for your reply. It just says '10:33 am Delivered
Package delivered to recipient address - release authorized'

Does that sound like it has gone to Australia Post? I normally don't worry about these kind of things but this is an important package
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

No, it doesn't sound like it has gone to Australia Post....that usually says it was delivered to an alternate address.

What does puzzle me is the wording "release authorised"....why would any release be needed if it was delivered to you?

Have another look at the Recipient Address on the package....is it perhaps the FedEx address and they have authorised the release of the parcel to AP?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I can't see the specific recipient address as it just says my suburb in Australia. What makes it confusing is there is actually a AP office in my suburb so who knows. I think I will wait until Monday to see if it is delivered and if not ring Fed Ex in my state for some clarification. Thanks for your help though this has never happened to me before
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

It would not have been delivered to your local post office.....FedEx cannot deliver direct to POs.

It would have been a bulk pick up of all the mail that has to go from the FedEx depot into the postal system.  Once in the tender loving care of Australia Post it will take as long as it takes....how long that will be is anyone's guess.

I think it is a good idea to wait till Monday.....it will not be delivered over the weekend no matter where it is so there is no point in trying to get any further information.

Once you get some answers can you come back and let us know what it all means please.

It is only by getting information from other members that we can continue to help on the boards....new problems keep cropping up all the time with the GSP.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@tcor2584 wrote:

I have had a look at the contact eBay options for this and it either redirects me to saying it is delivered or it says no contact avaliable for this section.

I had an item that stated in the eBay purchase history yesterday that it was delivered today,(so on the 11/8/17

that it was delivered on 12/8/17).

Which off course is impossible and it was a parcel delivered to the PO by Star Track couriers,(as it's "signed"

by the PO staff so it can enter their system for delivery).

They may have entered the date incorrectly.

I had to go to the PO today so I picked it up whilst I was there.

So it sounds like yours may be a similar occurence.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Tazz, for some time now I have been noticing that the ebay records are a day out when they say things are delivered.

It is not StarTrack....their system has a meltdown if the driver tries to enter the wrong date.

If anything gets delivered to the PO it has to be signed for as delivered so it can continue through the system....both StarTrack and PO Contractors records show the item as delivered when it arrives at the PO.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Tazz, for some time now I have been noticing that the ebay records are a day out when they say things are delivered.

It is not StarTrack....their system has a meltdown if the driver tries to enter the wrong date.

If anything gets delivered to the PO it has to be signed for as delivered so it can continue through the system....both StarTrack and PO Contractors records show the item as delivered when it arrives at the PO.

eBay had todays date but I double checked the tracking on the PO site yesterday and it said waiting for

collection,(so it's nothing new for eBay to have something wrong,again),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

It came through FINALLY. I waited until Tuesday and nothing came through, so I rang Fed Ex who confirmed they transferred it to my local Australia Post office. They provided a number that related to the tracking for Australia Post and when I checked that out it said it was delivered last Friday so I thought oh here we go again. I rang up the Australia Post office on Wednesday morning and they denied seeing it saying they didn't know where it was, then mysteriously when I came home from work on Wednesday evening it was in my post box. Whether or not that was coincidence I don't know, but long story short. Don't panic if it says delivered as it could just be at Australia Post office.

To answer the other persons comment below, I have only ever had good experiences with Star Track, I wish Fed Ex transferred it to them instead 🙂
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply