HELP! payment pending for ebay purchase but nothing showing up in paypal?

jautung
Community Member

Hi all,

I bought an item on ebay yesterday, and entered in my credit card details. My ebay account is also linked with my paypal account and by right the purchase should be deducted from my paypal account.

However, till today, nothing shows up in my paypal account - it says "There are no transactions for the last 30 days", and the purchase details page on ebay says "Payment pending".

Anyone has any ideas on how I can make the payment in this situation? I have no clue where to go to simply pay the seller, so that he can ship the product!

Thank you!

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@jautung wrote:

Thanks everyone for your responses. So, as far as I understand now, I have bypassed Paypal (accidentally) and my payment will be processed in a few days directly from my bank account, right?

No, your payment will be processed from your credit card as you gave you credit card details...this is the only way you can make a guest payment.

Can I clarify that the money will still get through to the seller. even if the seller indicated that he wanted Paypal payment only (its in the product description)?

Yes, the payment should get to the seller.

If the money will not get through, is there any way that I can cancel the direct payment and pay using Paypal instead? I have tried cancelling the order and sending a message to the seller explaining this, but he rejected the cancellation of order. Can I take it as a good sign that the money will be sent?

There is no way the buyer can cancel an order...it has to be done by the seller.  The seller would have received notification of the payment being made even though it is still Pending so had no valid reason to cancel the order. Also, while the payment is pending the seller cannot issue a refund.

Haha sorry for being so ignorant about ebay/paypal and thanks everyone again!

Next time you go to make a payment, check out the button right at the top of the page.....it is hidden away, above the very in your face credit card option.  That is the button for paypal.  You will log into your paypal account by hitting that button and then you can make your choice of funding sources.   I recommend having your credit card on file with paypal and using that as your funding source.  It gives you maximum buyer protection in the event of a transaction going pearshaped.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Check your credit card statement/account balance to check if you by-passed PayPal and paid directly by credit card
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Thank you for the quick response. I checked my bank account balance and no money is deducted either. I'm not sure if there is any transaction actually pending or am I supposed to pay somewhere...?

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

You have paid......by your credit card.   There is no point looking in your bank account when you gave your credit card details.

The transaction will update to completed once the payment has cleared to the seller.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but this is the first time I'm using ebay. Shouldn't the deduction be reflected in paypal as well since my credit card is linked to paypal? Like, doesn't ebay deduct through paypal?

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I may be wrong, but I believe a credit card payment linked to Paypal goes through as an echeque, so can take 4 days or so to clear to the seller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@jautung wrote:

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but this is the first time I'm using ebay. Shouldn't the deduction be reflected in paypal as well since my credit card is linked to paypal? Like, doesn't ebay deduct through paypal?

Paypal is processing the credit card payment but it is not showing in your paypal account because you have bypassed your paypal account.

By giving your credit card details before signing into paypal you have paid as a Guest rather than using your paypal account.

For transactions to show in your paypal account you need to sign into paypal and choose your funding source from whatever sources you have listed in paypal.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

OP is in Singapore.  

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Does that make any difference to using paypal Stawks?

As far as I am aware it is the same rules for every country unlike ebay who have different rules for differet sites.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Echeques are if you fund with a bank account via PayPal. It never used to spawn an Echeque for me but it does now for some reason. Therefore I now use my credit card or leave enough in PayPal for purchases.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply