Has anybody bought from this seller before?

Having a heap of trouble getting a refund out of them.  If anyone has any advice please let me know

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Why do you need a refund? Item not arrive, or is it not as described?

Message 2 of 61
Latest reply

The item was faulty, I contacted them and they said return is and they would refund me as soon as it arrives. I paid for the postage and since then keep asking me for information about my paypal details. That was months ago. Finally yesterday they told me it was a paypal dispute not theirs so I had to contact paypal. There is no record of the transaction in Paypal, only a charge to my credit card.

Message 3 of 61
Latest reply

Did you follow Ebay's procedures for making a return?

Did you even open a case or did you just send it back?

After opening a case you need to send the item back with tracking.

Message 4 of 61
Latest reply

@cruckem72 wrote:

Having a heap of trouble getting a refund out of them.  If anyone has any advice please let me know

I think you could be in trouble here.

The seller is not going to give you a refund. That part is pretty clear.

I am not even certain from your account if you actually paid by paypal or how long ago since you bought.

If you did use paypal, it would be worth seeing if the 180 day ebay guarantee will work for you.

All I can suggest for the future is this:

If something is wrong or an item doesn't arrive, don't let a seller mess you around & don't wait long after the expected date. A week or so absolute max. If there is a problem with a purchase, open an official ebay or paypal claim asap and follow their instructions, not the seller's.

Read up on ebay terms and conditions & don't do something just because a seller tells you to. If the item was faulty & you had gone through official channels, you could have had the seller responsible for paying for return postage or sending you a label for postage.

Message 5 of 61
Latest reply

Given the sellers atrocious feedback, it's unlikely you're going to get anywhere with them. Try and find the transaction in PayPal if that's how you paid. It looks like they only accept PayPal as payment, so it will be in your PayPal summary somewhere. You do have a PayPal account, don't you? Or did you pay as a guest?

If it's been less than 180 days since you bought the item, open a PayPal dispute. As you've already sent it back the chances of getting a refund are low, but still worth a try. If that doesn't work, I would contact your bank and initiate a chargeback on your credit card. Do it soon though as there is a time limit to doing that.

In future, always check a seller's feedback before buying. A high volume seller with 96% feedback is disgusting and should be avoided at all costs. Sometimes it's better to pay a few extra $$ to buy from someone reputable. If you do receive an item that is faulty, broken, whatever, open a dispute for item not as described. Follow the instructions in the dispute. Some sellers will do whatever they can to avoid refunding, so you need to follow the instructions and not what the seller says. I just hope what you bought didn't cost a lot.

Message 6 of 61
Latest reply

I opened a case which they closed without paying me the refund.

Message 7 of 61
Latest reply

How long ago did you open the dispute and was it an ebay or a paypal dispute?

Why was it closed....you must have been given a reason when it was closed?

You say this happened "months ago".....how many months ago?

It is very hard to help you without knowing the full story, especially the time frames of when things happened....there are strict time limits on all ebay and paypal processes.

Message 8 of 61
Latest reply

Thanks good advice for future.

Message 9 of 61
Latest reply

The answer is very easy.....you only have a matter of days to return the item (5 days I think)   The fact that you opened the dispute in January but did not send the item back till March would mean that it automatically timed out.   The seller did not close the dispute.

If the seller wants to honour the return then they can but you have lost all leverage with the dispute because you did not follow the rules.

Ebay cannot/will not help if you don't follow their rules.

You can still try a paypal dispute if that is how you paid but the fact that you have already returned the item without paypal's say so makes it a bit unlikely that you will succeed there either.

Message 10 of 61
Latest reply