Has anybody bought from this seller before?

Having a heap of trouble getting a refund out of them.  If anyone has any advice please let me know

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Ok thanks I'll remember that, but I have to say ebay wasn't very clear about that when they sent me an email about how to deal with the refund. They told me to resolve it with the seller first

But I appreciate your help and will remember in future.

I do find it odd though that all records of the transaction have been wiped off both ebay and paypal. Any idea how that could happen? Could the seller have done it somehow??

Message 11 of 61
Latest reply

@cruckem72 wrote:

Ok thanks I'll remember that, but I have to say ebay wasn't very clear about that when they sent me an email about how to deal with the refund. They told me to resolve it with the seller first

But I appreciate your help and will remember in future.

I do find it odd though that all records of the transaction have been wiped off both ebay and paypal. Any idea how that could happen? Could the seller have done it somehow??

Not unless they are a very good hacker. In which case I doubt they would be selling on eBay.

Message 12 of 61
Latest reply

Due to the length of time since the sale the item has probably gone to your Archives.   Go into your Purchase History and usethe drop down box to alter the default 60 days to 2017.  Your purchase should show then.

It is not possible for the transaction to disappear from paypal.....I can still access all my paypal transactions right back to the first one long before I joined ebay and long before paypal had anything to do with ebay.

Are yousure you paid through a paypalaccount or did you use a credit card as a guest?   That would not show in a paypal account unless the account has been opened with the same email address and credit card details.

Message 13 of 61
Latest reply

I'd come to the conclusion that it was a credit card purchase, because when I did a transaction history on paypal it doesn't show up. But it doesn't show up as a transaction on ebay either. Very frustrating because I can't find a way to leave feedback on the seller without a record of the transaction.  

Message 14 of 61
Latest reply

If that's the only reason, don't bother. You can only leave feedback within 60 days of a transaction.

You are way past that time.

Message 15 of 61
Latest reply

Did you do as I suggested and change the drop down box in your Purchase History?  If it was an ebay transaction it must be there.

Message 16 of 61
Latest reply

Yes. Nothing showing.
Message 17 of 61
Latest reply

@cruckem72 wrote:

I'd come to the conclusion that it was a credit card purchase, because when I did a transaction history on paypal it doesn't show up. But it doesn't show up as a transaction on ebay either. Very frustrating because I can't find a way to leave feedback on the seller without a record of the transaction.  

If you bought under the name of cruckem72, then the transaction details will still be there. If you go into My Ebay and click on the link over to the left, showing purchase history, check that you have 'not hidden' chosen, then click on 2017 & all your transactions under your name should appear for this year. Check out 2016 too in case you bought earlier than you recall.

But if the transaction is not showing at all after you do all that, then what it means is you didn't buy under the cruckem72 account. Have a think. Do you ever use the account of a spouse? Have you ever just logged on and bought as a guest?

Same with paypal. A transaction will only show in paypal if that is the actual account you used. Did you definitely use paypal? Could you have used someone else's paypal account? (spouse etc)

As for feedback, forget it, your shot at that is long gone and I suspect your money is too-unless by some (small) chance the seller did refund. But if you're looking at the wrong ebay or paypal account, you wouldn't see it.

I'm guessing but I would say you definitely are looking at the wrong ebay account if the transaction isn't showing, even after you try looking in the purchase history.

Message 18 of 61
Latest reply

Thsnks this could be the issue as I've been having trouble logging in and get confused between using cruckem72 and my email address.
Message 19 of 61
Latest reply

yep same here , they say they are in bayswayter but requested a contact number and i got a singapor number instead

Message 20 of 61
Latest reply