How can I cancel a subscription, I found in Sponsored Links.

After some research and looking for downloadable audio books, I found what I thought a reasonable site, through ebay"s Sponsored Link.  I know, No fool like an old fool.

After signing up for the 15 day free trial period and assurances that it can be cancelled before the 15 days are over or any time after that.

Signed up,  thought I better check where to cancell before using the subscription. Stated website not there. Unless I want to ring an overseas phone number, no contact provided.

HELP please

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: How can I cancel a subscription, I found in Sponsored Links.

We are just members like yourself, not ebay and their sponsored links are just advertisements, I am sure there must be something somewhere in the terms and conditions that tell you how to cancel, it may mean a lot of reading and clicking on all links. Where overseas do you have to call? It may not be as expensive as you think especially if you use Skype or a similar service.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply

Looking at stars is better tha pushing up daisies.

The phone number has no country code and was only available after signing up.

The small print assures me that I can cancel anytime, unfortunately the web address provided, comes up as no such address..

I have 15 days to figure this one out. I am not complaining  about the Sponsored Link on ebay.  That was my own choice, just that it has led me to what looks like a scam. I've had many years of happy ebaying, although lately it has been a lot more hit and miss with sellers.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Can you put the phone number up here?   It may be a Free Call number orsomeone may recognise what country it is from.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Hi,

thanks for your reply,  got  an e-mail from paypal,US $ 0.01 was charged for my free subscription, then returned to paypal with a cancelled by seller.

No idea what happened. allyoucanbooks. ?????

30 000 with no hint at how to get to the list and only a few to look at?.

I'm looking somewhere safer I hope.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Hi, I don't quite understand your confusion. It looks like a legitimate website: http://www.allyoucanbooks.com, with the ability to contact them with questions: help@allyoucanbooks.com They seem to have a facebook page, although they're not widely followed.

The PayPal $0.01 thing you was them testing that your PayPal address/account is a legitimate one/actually exists and that they will be able to deduct the monthly (?) subscription fee from you when they start charging you. This has happened to me many times with credit card transactions where they want the check the card first. The website also mentions the 15 free days, so maybe contact them by email with your questions?? Contact Us, top right of screen.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Google is your friend.  And going buy what a search turns up I wouldn't go anywhere them.
There are many many many complaints about them, not the least is taking money from
subscriber's  Pay Pal account's for ???

It seems that all the books that they have are available FREE else where and far better quality.

Barrie

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, upon searching beyond the website address, it's very dodgy. It would be best to go to the public library to access these things. At least the titles are in front of you and everything is transparent.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to look further.  Your advice is much appreciated.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply