How can I report an item I bought described as being 'genuine leather' which it is not?

ozmag00
Community Member
I bought a 'genuine leather' steering wheel cover. The size was larger than advertised. I thought they had sent the wrong size. The shade was also different but I accept that can be difficult to interpret. I emailed the seller who offered me $2 compensation. I took the cover to have it made smaller only to find it is not leather but plastic. I've emailed the seller requesting a refund but they are avoiding addressing the misrepresentation and my request for refund. I don't want other buyers to be misled and since it's a false advertisement as 'leather' I feel eBay should take appropriate action. I can't find where I can make such a repot!
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

How can I report an item I bought described as being 'genuine leather' which it is not?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is not as described then just open a dispute in ebay or paypal and get a refund.  You can only do this if it has not been altered in any way.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Go into your My ebay then over on the left hand side click on purchases. select the big blue return this item button next to the item you purchased selecting item not as described or similar and go from there. The seller will have to pay for return postage. if they do not send a return label then ring ebay.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is not as described then just open a dispute in ebay or paypal and get a refund.  You can only do this if it has not been altered in any way.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Go into your My ebay then over on the left hand side click on purchases. select the big blue return this item button next to the item you purchased selecting item not as described or similar and go from there. The seller will have to pay for return postage. if they do not send a return label then ring ebay.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply