How can I speak with a customer service rep? I cannot find my answer on FAQs.

I have a question about an open case in the Resolution Centre. The buyer rightly pointed out that the measurements I gave for the item were in the worng scale (inches when it should have been cms) and the item does not match the description. The buyer stated they would accepted 50% refund of the price to settle the trade. That seems fair to me as it has been sent overseas and we all know that Paypal only supports the buyers and would take all the money from me. I have refunded monies but the case has not been closed so I wish to speak to an Ebay customer service person. All I seem to do when I click on customer service is enter a loop of pre fabricated Q and As. How can I reach the customer service rep for Australia? I used to be abe to go online with a live rep or speak on the phone. What's changed?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, For one the buyer is incorrect about the meaurements. They can be in whatever you like. they don't have to be in cms. It's up to the buyer to work it out.  If the item doesn't match the description then that's another matter. Ring paypal on 1800 073 263 and explain the situation to them.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

If the OP said they were cms when they were inches then of course the OP is at fault and it is highly unlikely they would just put the numbers without specifying the unit.

If the buyer does not escalate the dispute to a claim then it will automatically close in the OP's favour.

I give all my measurements in both metric and imperial as there are many not so much older people who were brought up using imperial and still think of everything in those terms.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

GOOD LUCK

First you'll speak to some off shore call-centre who know very little and give scripted answers.

You'll then get 1000's of "sorry for waiting" replies and chances are the poor call centre operator in Inda or the Phillipines (getting paid 20 cents an hour) won't be able to resolve your problem anyway

IT'S JUST THE EBAY WAY, it sucks but just get use to it !!!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

When you click on the ''Customer Support'' link you will see a contact tab beside ''Find an answer''-

2014-05-28_145651.jpg

Hover you mouse over ''Selling'' and click the link that suits best-

2014-05-28_150215.jpg

It will take you to something like this-

2014-05-28_152026.jpg

Click on the ''Call us'' or ''Send us an email'' link.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

The ''Appealing a case'' option would suit best though-2014-05-28_154533.jpg

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply